No announcement yet.

Yahoo College Bowl Pick-em

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staying in college if you're a high first-round draft pick isn't smart. Hopefully Tebow was projected lower and has a chance to improve his draft standing by staying in school for another year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Naked Gents Rut View Post
      Staying in college if you're a high first-round draft pick isn't smart.
      It is when you have a very realistic shot at a second Heisman and a third national championship, which Tebow does, and which would be unprecedented.

And I just don't get why the pro people are so sour on him. He has the intangibles that so many current pro QBs lack and that can't be taught, and he has both the will and desire to learn the reads, improve the arm strength and accuracy, etc. Do not be surprised when five years from now all the pundits have turned out to be wrong about him.
      CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
      Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
      Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
      Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• Originally posted by Naked Gents Rut View Post
        Staying in college if you're a high first-round draft pick isn't smart. Hopefully Tebow was projected lower and has a chance to improve his draft standing by staying in school for another year.
        Yep, the consensus was that he was a mid round draft pick. He has to work on his accuracy as a passer.

Originally posted by reismark View Post
        It is when you have a very realistic shot at a second Heisman and a third national championship, which Tebow does, and which would be unprecedented.

And I just don't get why the pro people are so sour on him. He has the intangibles that so many current pro QBs lack and that can't be taught, and he has both the will and desire to learn the reads, improve the arm strength and accuracy, etc. Do not be surprised when five years from now all the pundits have turned out to be wrong about him.
        Getting a huge 1st round payday while taking out the risk of getting injured in your senior season and not making close to that much money is the smart option.

Why are the pro people so sour on him? 4 words: Alex Smith, Vince Young. Tebow plays in a system that NO pro team does. Alex Smith was the last highly rated QB in such a system. He bombed horribly (and from all reports Smith was a better passer than Tebow). Tebow has the intangibles, but so did Vince Young and he spent the season on the bench.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
          Tebow plays in a system that NO pro team does. Alex Smith was the last highly rated QB in such a system. He bombed horribly (and from all reports Smith was a better passer than Tebow). Tebow has the intangibles, but so did Vince Young and he spent the season on the bench.
          Young clearly has issues with his emotions and his passion for the game, though. That's a big part of the reason he stayed on the bench. I don't see those with Tebow.

Smith was horridly overrated, precisely because he clearly lacked the intangibles that Tebow has.
          CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
          Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
          Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
          Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• How can you clearly lack an intangible?

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• It is when you have a very realistic shot at a second Heisman and a third national championship, which Tebow does, and which would be unprecedented.

Big deal. Any rational person would take the guaranteed millions and a secure future.

Comment

• Either way, Tebow would be a 3rd round pick at best, so clearly staying in school is the better option.
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
                  How can you clearly lack an intangible?

ACK!

And people were saying he had plenty of intangibles when he was coming out of school. Of course "intangible" really only means subjective thing I think the player has .

I believe the man who will make the pick, rookie 49ers coach Mike Nolan, loves Smith's intangibles

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by reismark View Post

I agree 100%.

Comment

Working...
                    X