Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even better yet, I have an easy opponent this week!

/me
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Sure. Easy.

You go right on cheering Hemsky.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk

Even better yet, I have an easy opponent this week!

* Sparrowhawk
        Ah-- a battle between the top 2 teams [ grabs popcorn]-- Fight !!
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Brodeur out 3-4 months...****. That screws me over in one of my leagues.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
            Brodeur out 3-4 months...****. That screws me over in one of my leagues.
            Yes but you have him in NEITHER of the poly leagues--

Here it seems that

--the Icehawks will have to cope in the auction league ( they have Fleury already but there seems to be a lot of decent talent available)

-- its Road Kill in the draft league-- with the Gerber/ Auld duo in reserve but much slimmer pickings for pickup. BUt I see NYE has now picked up Weekes-- playing on a solid team, he will probably do quite well

Its a smack to both teams but its one of those things that can happen to any of us.
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• I can handle him being out, but wonder how long before he is on the IR? I would like to pick up someone else but kinda hard to do that without (1) Dropping him, or (2) Dropping someone else.....I don't like either option, so I'll wait it out for a bit, but not sure how long my struggling team can afford to wait.

I thought the one bright spot for my auction team was my goalies, Brodeur and Fleury, didn't think there was much of a better 1-2 punch then that!

/me
              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• AAAARGGGGHHHH-- Flames sucked last night. KIpper was pretty bad as he didn't really stop anything difficult and let in two moderately long unscreened shots.

But the team overall was lacklustre. PHOENIX did not play THAT great. The Flames best two lines on the nioght were the 3rd and 4th lines although the 4th line got benched when the Flames trailed in the 3rd in favour of more and more shifts for a sleepwalking Iginla.

A weird night- The Flames did dominate the first 7-8 minutes and scored first but they seemed to completely deflate when Kipper let in a long shorthanded goal. Even scoring with 15 seconds left in the first to tie the game didn't seem to give them much jump.

Craig Conroy? The guy does have 5 points but from what I am seeing, nothing is arising from anything HE is doing. I'd demote him from the top 2 lines except for the fact that the bottom two lines are going so well LOL

Comment

• Fortunately I did not see the game last night.

OBAMA!
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                    Fortunately I did not see the game last night.
                    UNfortunately, I was AT the Dome last night. The place was buzzing a bit early and given how the Fklames had so very much dominated the Coyotes in Phoenix, I think the crown hoped/expected more of the same. The early going, it seemed it might very well be a walkover.

The worst of it is that Phoenix did not play at all that great. If Kipper had been any bit as good as his previous two games, they would have won despite the general suckage.

. .. . and I shouldn't say general suckage as the Primeau-Prust-Nystrom line was very very good in their limited time while Boyd-Moss and Glencross were also very effective at times.

Comment

• Thanks to Luongo's 2 (!) shutouts and Calgary's wild 7-6 win, I'm up 9-0 vs the Ice Hawks.

Think I should sit Luongo now?
                      Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

• At this point, I think you would be smart to sit everyone, just in case!

/me

Comment

• Flames ?? Arrgghh-- I KNOW over an 82 game schedule there will be good and bad streaks-- now they sucked again!!

Fundamentally though I believe this team will be a solid playoff contender

Comment

• I was on a plane during this game, thankfully.

Comment

• Week 5

Code:
                              Rank   Team               W-L-T     Pct Pts Last Week Wv Mvs 
                              1.  Road Kill             25-11-4  .675 54    6-0-2   10  8 
                              2.  Flubber's Folly       21-11-8  .625 50    4-2-2    4 16 
                              3.  Derelique My Balls    22-15-3  .588 47    5-3-0   12  2 
                              4.  Ice Hawks             16-12-12 .550 44    0-6-2    7  1 
                              5.  CrONoS_QC             18-16-6  .525 42    5-3-0    5  1 
                              6.  Malicious Pacifists   18-16-6  .525 42    2-5-1    6  8 
                              7.  The Pantless Pirates  17-16-7  .513 41    3-5-0   13 15 
                              8.  Matthew Modines       16-16-8  .500 40    7-0-1   14  3 
                              9.  Haunted House Boos    14-14-12 .500 40    3-3-2    3  6 
                              10. Blaine's Bruisers     16-18-6  .475 38    3-3-2   11  1 
                              11. Televised Hawks       13-18-9  .438 35    5-2-1    9  2 
                              12. Kanadiens             12-18-10 .425 34    2-4-2    2  - 
                              13. Calamitous Intent     11-24-5  .338 27    0-7-1    1  1 
                              14. Siddiqui Storm        10-24-6  .325 26    3-5-0    8  1
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Sigh. How the mighty have fallen.

And unlike last week, I am playing a strong team this week, so not much hope of a recovery.

/me

Comment

Working...
                                X