Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apolyton NFL Regular Season Divisional Predictions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here it is, guys. Look it over to see if I made a mistake on your picks.
    Attached Files
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Okay... I figured out a way to divide the rankings up if there is two people tied, but, unfortunately, with the NFL Divisional standings updated for week 2, there are 3 people tied for 2nd and 3 tied for 11th

Anyway... while I enjoy trying to figure things out, I need to get to bed.

If you want to take it any further Snoopy (or any of you for that matter), or improve on what I did (look at cells C2-C15 on the standings sheet), go ahead. Educate me.
      Attached Files
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Actually, the best way to do it if you don't mind the position on the list mattering is this:

=RANK(B2,B$2:B$16,0)+COUNTIF($B$2:B2,B2)-1

Put that in every cell; then everyone is given a unique rank. It actually gives a different rank to them - 3,4,5 for Will, Berz, and Jaguar, for example, however.

The way to deal with that is to have two ranking columns, one with the actual rank (allowing ties) and one with the above formula. Then you use the actual rank column to determine the 'place' column, and the no-ties rank to determine the order of the players.

I attach a sheet with this. Generally I'd hide column D if I were giving this as a deliverable for a client, but it's up to you of course.
        Attached Files
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
        X