Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apolyton NFL Regular Season Divisional Predictions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, I think I'll actually bump Houston down to 9-7 and Seattle up to 11-5 in my predictions. Houston's schedule is just too hard for them to pull 10 wins, even though they're good, and Seattle should get more credit for getting rid of Shaun Alexander, who sucks donkey balls.

Doesn't change the divisional ordering though.
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

NFC East
      PHI
      DAL
      NYG
      WAS

NFC North
      MIN
      CHI
      GB
      DET

NFC South
      TB
      NO
      CAR
      ATL

NFC West
      ARI
      SEA
      StL
      SF

AFC East
      NE
      NYJ
      BUF
      MIA

AFC North
      PIT
      CLE
      CIN
      BAL

AFC South
      IND
      JAX
      HOU
      TEN

AFC West
      SD
      KC
      OAK
      DEN

Comment

AFC East:
        New England
        New York Jets
        Miami
        Buffalo

AFC North:
        Pittsburgh
        Cleveland
        Cincinnati
        Baltimore

AFC South:
        Jacksonville
        Indianapolis
        Tennessee
        Houston

AFC West:
        San Diego
        Denver
        Kansas City
        Oakland

NFC East:
        Dallas
        New York Giants
        Philadelphia
        Washington

NFC North:
        Green Bay
        Minnesota
        Detroit
        Chicago

NFC South:
        New Orleans
        Carolina
        Tampa Bay
        Atlanta

NFC West:
        Seattle
        Arizona
        San Fransisco
        St. Louis
        USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
        The video may avatar is from

Comment

Better turn out than I thought it would be. I suspose I should post my predictions.

Just give me a sec to enter all the predictions into the computer so I can average everyones predictions and come up the winner!

(I'll post mine tommarrow after work)
          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

NFC East
            Dal
            NYG
            Phi
            Was

NFC North
            Min
            GB
            Det
            Chi

NFC South
            NO
            TB
            Car
            Atl

NFC West
            Ari
            Sea
            Stl
            SF

AFC East
            NE
            Buf
            NYJ
            Mia

AFC North
            Pit
            Cle
            Cin
            Bal

AFC South
            Ind
            Jax
            Hou
            Ten

AFC West
            SD
            Den
            Oak
            KC

I'll start compliling these in a couple of days.
            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Ok, people can still join until before the games start in week 2. Since people can still join, I guess I'll even let people change their picks until that time *cough* NE, Ten, Det, Atl *cough*.

Still waiting on Imran. Come on, now your chance!

Here is the spreadsheet I am using to keep track of standing. We will be going by the NFL website standing by division page for final results.
              Attached Files

Comment

how come I have 0 pts?
                Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

Notes on my revised post-Week-one predictions, by division:

Dallas got what could have been a tough win behind them. The Browns are probably not going to be nearly as good this year as they were last year, but they don't know that yet, and that makes them pretty dangerous. Dallas dispatched them easily. Philadelphia gets bumped up for dominating the Rams, weak though they may be.

Green Bay looks like a Super Bowl team if Aaron Rodgers continues to play like he did last week. Minnesota gets no adjustment, since I expected them to lose that game. Fortunately for the Bears, their defense looks like it's back. Unfortunately for the Lions, their defense looks like it's back.

Carolina looks great. I would have bumped them up even more, but with the Falcons looking better than expected, the division might be a little tougher. Overall it gains +2 wins.

Seattle lost this week, and all of its wide receivers are dying. Combine that with the Rams' league-worst opening day, and the NFC West has the potential to become one of the worst divisions we've seen in a very long time.

Obviously, in the AFC East, the Pats just suffered a disastrous loss (although their best offensive player is still intact.) But the Jets and Bills look like they can really play football, and this division gets to play the terrible NFC West, so I'm not going to move the division as a whole down very much.

Baltimore's defense is going to be very, very good. Pittsburgh is sketchy on the OL, but their division rivals are all suspect in some way, and they've got some truly awesome talent at the offensive skill positions.

The AFC South looked like the toughest division in football for the second straight year, but Houston, Jacksonville, and Indianapolis have all opened a little bit flat. Don't let that fool you into thinking the Titans will end up anywhere but 4th by the end of the year, though.

Denver appears to be a steamroller on offense, but the defense will be suspect. San Diego is talented, but they need something more to put them over the top with Merriman out.

Teams that have been changed have the adjustment in win numbers made in parentheses.

NFC East
                  Dallas 12-4 (+2)
                  Philadelphia 10-6 (+1)
                  New York 8-8
                  Washington 6-10 (-1)

NFC North
                  Green Bay 12-4 (+1)
                  Minnesota 10-6
                  Chicago 9-7 (+2)
                  Detroit 3-13 (-2)

NFC South
                  Carolina 10-6 (+1)
                  Tampa Bay 9-7 (-1)
                  New Orleans 8-8
                  Atlanta 5-11 (+2)

NFC West
                  Seattle 9-7 (-1)
                  Arizona 7-9
                  San Francisco 4-12
                  St. Louis 3-13 (-2)

NFC total 125-131 (+2)

AFC East
                  New England 10-6 (-4)
                  Buffalo 10-6 (+2)
                  New York 9-7 (+1)
                  Miami 5-11

AFC North
                  Pittsburgh 11-5 (+1)
                  Baltimore 9-7 (+1)
                  Cleveland 7-9
                  Cincinnati 5-11

AFC South
                  Indianapolis 11-5 (-1)
                  Jacksonville 9-7 (-2)
                  Houston 8-8 (-1)
                  Tennessee 7-9 (+1)

AFC West
                  San Diego 11-5 (-1)
                  Denver 11-5 (+1)
                  Kansas City 5-11
                  Oakland 3-13

AFC Total 131-125 (-2)
                  "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

Oh, and my preseason Superbowl pick was Packers over Patriots. It has been revised to Packers over, erm... Broncos? I really don't know. Someone has to take control of the AFC.

Comment

Pittsburgh.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Denver, San Diego, Indy, or NE ... that will probably be the AFC playoffs second round (unless records dictate that a pair of them face in the first round of the playoffs). After W1, that's clearly the top four. PIT will not hold water, nor will the Jets (though those may well be the other two playoff teams).
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Indy, Jacksonville, Denver, San Diego, and Pittsburgh are the only teams that seem like they could be genuine Superbowl contenders. Don't worry that they're a combined 2-3 right now - a hell of a lot of weird stuff happens in week 1 - but yea, I think Pittsburgh is probably the best bet. They'll have a very hard time losing their division, and they looked astonishing on Sunday.

Comment

I think you're wrong to discount NE as having a chance. Sure, Cassel could be a flop. But he'll have 15 games to figure things out, and they're certainly not missing the playoffs, and they have to be at least an 80% chance to win their division, so they get a home playoff game to start with (in one of the first two rounds). Brady was great, but I'm not sure it's not a system just as much as a player...

We'll see, though, I suppose
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

With the way Buffalo and New York look, no way is NE a 80% shot to win their division. 50%, sure. 80%, no way.

Comment

Whew! I wasn't going to make any changes unless someone else did. Thanks Jag!

Flip flop GB and Min; Chi and Det.

NFC North will now look like this:

GB
                                Min
                                Chi
                                Det

All others stay the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X