Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football -- Back in Action!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1. Texas
    2. Alabama
    3. Penn State
    4. Oklahoma
    5. Florida
    6. Utah
    7. Oklahoma State
    8. Southern Cal
    9. Texas Tech
    10. Georgia


    Reshuffled the middle of the pack, and put in a couple newbies at the bottom, but not much significant change.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

    Comment


    • Tulsa-UCF is still going on, and it's tight in the third quarter. As for the rest of the unbeatens:

      Big 12 (2): Texas (at Texas Tech), Texas Tech (vs. Texas)
      Big 10 (1): Penn State (idle)
      C-USA (1?): Tulsa? (at Arkansas)
      MAC (1): Ball State (vs. Northern Illinois)
      MWC (1): Utah (at New Mexico)
      SEC (1): Alabama (vs. Arkansas State)
      WAC (1): Boise State (at New Mexico State)


      Even if Tulsa survives this week, I've a hard time picturing them winning on the road in Arkansas next week, even if the Hogs suck. Texas continues to run the gauntlet, this time on the road against the Red Raiders. I just can't shake the feeling that Texas Tech is pulling the same trick they do every year, and this is the week it all comes crashing down. The rest of the unbeatens should continue on their path; Ball State is the only team that faces a challenge, but their home field should pull them through.

      After next week, I think we'll be down to the Horns, the Tide, the Lions, the Utes, the Broncos, and whatever the hell Ball State is. (Apparently, they are the Cardinals. Who knew?) Of all those teams, it now appears that Penn State has the clearest road to perfection, though it is also hard to imagine Texas losing should they get past the Red Raiders.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

      Comment


      • If Texas Tech crashes against Texas, there's not a lot of shame to it.
        I'm torn this week. Texas Tech is in my heart, but Texas has number 1 at stake. I think my ideal would be for Texas to win a close game. I don't think the polls have enough sense to give Tech their due, no matter what.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

        Comment


        • 1. USC
          2. Florida
          3. Penn State
          4. Texas
          5. Oklahoma
          6. Missouri
          7. Alabama
          8. Oklahoma State
          9. Texas Tech
          10. Iowa

          Texas v Texas Tech should be a hell of a game. I predict Texas by 5.

          Comment


          • I'd love to see Texas Tech win. It'd shake things up a bit. But I think Texas takes it, and I don't think it'll be as close as the Oklahoma St game.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

            Comment


            • It's in Lubbock.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

              Comment


              • Texas/Texas Tech should be a really fun game to watch.
                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Naked Gents Rut
                  1. USC
                  2. Florida
                  3. Penn State
                  4. Texas
                  5. Oklahoma
                  6. Missouri
                  7. Alabama
                  8. Oklahoma State
                  9. Texas Tech
                  10. Iowa

                  Texas v Texas Tech should be a hell of a game. I predict Texas by 5.
                  USC and Florida #1 and #2? Iowa #10 ?????

                  Comment


                  • What has happened to the SEC this year? According to Sagarin, even the ACC is a tougher conference this year.

                    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

                    Comment


                    • I'll tell you what happened to the SEC. The Big 12.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

                      Comment


                      • ACC and Big 10 are ranked higher too.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Deity Dude
                          USC and Florida #1 and #2? Iowa #10 ?????
                          For those who haven't realized it yet, Naked is posting the Sagarin Predictor rankings.

                          As Sagarin explains:

                          In ELO-CHESS, only winning and losing matters; the score margin is of no consequence,
                          which makes it very "politically correct". However it is less accurate in its predictions for
                          upcoming games than is the PURE POINTS, in which the score margin is the only thing that matters.
                          PURE POINTS is also known as PREDICTOR, BALLANTINE, RHEINGOLD, WHITE OWL and is the best single PREDICTOR
                          of future games.
                          The ELO-CHESS will be utilized by the Bowl Championship Series(BCS).
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

                          Comment


                          • Well, someone finally figured it out after all these years. There goes another easy trolling opportunity.

                            Comment


                            • I really don't care why he used it - I just found the picks ridiculous.

                              Comment


                              • Florida against Georgia today, and take either against any Big 10, and probably any ACC.
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X