No announcement yet.

AHL- Apolyton Hockey League 08/09: Preseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd be in favor of a cap, but I think I'm in the minority on that.
    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• I'm with the distiguished poster above.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I wouldn't mind a cap either, so long as it's not too stringent. Some weeks I feel like firing half my team, and I wanna be able to do so.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• I was going to mention that last night.

We can set a cap anywhere from 0 to 100.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither

Can we move the auction?

We have very limited time windows to get us all there for the draft.

The problem with the Yahoo draft this weekend is it may be too soon for some managers (2 days effectively from now). As well as less information.
            Not at this point, no.

I suppose we could try running them simultaneously, but it won't go all that quickly. That would mostly slow the draft down though, not the auction, i'd think (as you'd mostly just be slowed down during your draft turn determining your pick).

Could we try the draft the evening of the 14th, say 6pm EDT? I couldn't make it any earlier, but if Asher can convince the SO to let him have an hour and a half that evening, it would work fine.

Alternately, we could try to get someone (like one of the managers who doesn't have time anymore, Ninot or HM) to draft for one of the players who is unavailable.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
              Could we try the draft the evening of the 14th, say 6pm EDT? I couldn't make it any earlier, but if Asher can convince the SO to let him have an hour and a half that evening, it would work fine.
              If that's the only time that works for everyone else...the problem I have is that means I've got to leave early afternoon (eg, as soon as I wake up) to drive the SO back to Waterloo, or drive there late. Either one is doable but not really desirable, but if it's the only time everyone else is available that's fine.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Are you taking a nap after the auction then?

Comment

• I plan to do in a catatonic state.

Comment

• Excellent

Comment

• I'd like to bid the maximum amount for Jeff Finger.
                      "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• OK. It looks like 6PM Eastern on the 14th is it. Thank you, Asher.

If this is a huge problem for anyone, speak up very soon. I really hope not, since that's about the only window for everyone who has spoken up thus far.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber
                          Not for me -- The auction thing in the morning is good but another that day doesn't work-- I thought the live draft thing was going to be after the 28th
                          I think it is clear that it doesn't work for Flubber later in the day that day.

/me
                          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Damn. I forgot about that bit.

I'm sorry, snoopy. It looks like we're going to have to schedule the Yahoo draft that morning.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
                              Damn. I forgot about that bit.

I'm sorry, snoopy. It looks like we're going to have to schedule the Yahoo draft that morning.
                              I'll see what I can do since two drafts at once is far from ideal-- Its just that the 14th is the birthday of one of my children and we are supposed to have people over etc etc so 4pm my time sounds totally awful-- ie right when I have a houseful of people

Does the live draft tool allow me to have put in prior rankings ?? Its not ideal since if there is a run on a position I might want to change my order a bit to avoid getting no one good in the position but it may be better than nothing--
                              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

The first games are on Sept 29th, it shouldn't be too much of a surprise.
                                HUH-- nhl.com shows the first regular season games being in Europe on Oct 4 and 5--

Sat Oct 4, 2008
                                Rangers Lightning (Prague, CZ) 12:00 PM ET
                                6:00 PM CBC SUN
                                Penguins Senators (Stockholm, SE) 2:30 PM ET
                                8:30 PM CBC

Last year they started in September IIRC
                                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
                                X