Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perhaps WCF is serviced so well by Millen that he can't bring himself to fire him.
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• McNabb got landed on by 3 Steelers in the first half, was rolling his shoulder. Played the rest of the half, but isn't back in the 3rd Q.

Kolb is in. Well, until the ball popped up in the air when the receiver was hit, and Polamalu got the diving pick. (Upon review play stands.)
      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi
        I'd rather send a 3rd to TB and get Garcia, but hey, Vinny's good. Is Flutie dead yet? Steve Grogan?
        Maybe we'll get Jake Plummer as well as part of the deal!

Comment

• McNabb is back... but no sign of Westbrook.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
            Bears give it away in OT. Stopped Tampa cold on their own 10, then get called for unnec. roughness -- AFTER the play. (A TBay player instigated, but the flag was on Tillman -- last man into the pile.) Truly unnecessary.

The Bucs then take it down the field against an exhausted Bears defense for the win.
            As far as I'm concerned, it was karmic retribution for the very first play from scrimmage of the game, where Chicago initiated extracurriculars and Tampa got flagged.

Still, I'm perfectly willing to admit we stole this one, given how Graham & Dunn couldn't run worth for **** against the Bears D. It's a refreshing change considering we often blow the tight ones.

Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi
            I'd rather send a 3rd to TB and get Garcia, but hey, Vinny's good.
            I'm torn. It'd be nice to get something back for Garcia instead of just letting him go after the season, but Griese hasn't played the efficient, error-free ball he played in his last go-around here yet. He pulled the win out of his ass today but also did a LOT to put us in trouble, and if he continues in this vacillatory manner I'm sure I won't be the only one calling for Gruden to put Garcia back in. (I'm still hoping the situation improves once we get Davin Joseph back, hopefully next week.)
            CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
            Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
            Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
            Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• Big Ben looks more like big bendover

drops ball and just sloppy looking
              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Leftwich will work his magic and bring back Pittsburg to stun the Eagles fateful..just not today

Comment

• I've gotta say, I have massively underestimated the Philly defense. Very impressive.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Ronnie Brown, 17 rushes, 113 yds, 4 TDs!!!! And 1-1 passing for 19yd TD!

Ricky Williams added 16 rushes, 98 yds, 0 TDs. Pennington was 17-20 for 226 yds, 0 TDs, 0 INTs.

Dolphins 461 yds of offense!!!!

Comment

• Where was the NE defense during all that? I understand that an "any given Sunday" upset was possible, especially with Brady down, but this was a rout.

WTF happened in that game?
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                        Where was the NE defense during all that? I understand that an "any given Sunday" upset was possible, especially with Brady down, but this was a rout.

WTF happened in that game?
                        Basically they ran a college offense and NE didn't have a clue how to react. Ronnie Brown took several direct snaps with Pennington lined up as a WR. Then Brown optioned to Ricky, kept it, or threw. A couple of times the defense wasn't even ready for the snap because they were waiting for Pennington to come under center and he never did.

Don't get me wrong, the NE D didn't play well anyway, but that's where most of the scoring came from.
                        "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi

Basically they ran a college offense and NE didn't have a clue how to react. Ronnie Brown took several direct snaps with Pennington lined up as a WR. Then Brown optioned to Ricky, kept it, or threw. A couple of times the defense wasn't even ready for the snap because they were waiting for Pennington to come under center and he never did.

Don't get me wrong, the NE D didn't play well anyway, but that's where most of the scoring came from.
                          Miami thinking outside the box

New England thinking within a box

Tom Brady getting hurt, breaking the teams spirit...Pricey

Comment

• @ Miami. What a performance!
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• at Detroit.

Yea, how does getting rid of Mike Martz feel now?
                              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                                @ Miami. What a performance!
                                Imran, I ask for your input, do you feel it is more Miami doing a great football job or more a new England imploding and Miami lucking out?

Do you feel Miami can put together a good year?

Comment

Working...
                                X