This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
    Don't worry, the Red Wings will take your mind off your troubles.
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Seahawks WR Burleson suffers torn ACL
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Denver looks pretty damned good. I thought Oakland was supposed to be improved.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Two young quarterbacks made huge statements in wins tonight.
          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Though, I will say JaMarcus Russel seemed to do ok, based on the stats alone (I didn't see the game). Though it seems like his TDs were well after the Broncs had the game wrapped up.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• He looked like crap, and as you note, got stats in garbage time.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                Denver looks pretty damned good. I thought Oakland was supposed to be improved.
                Improved /= good
                Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Rodgers looked pretty impressive last night... maybe GB will be the division leader again this year. Aside from Peterson the Vikings didn't seem ready.
                  I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                  I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar
                    Two young quarterbacks made huge statements in wins tonight.
                    Yep. One positive, one negative Russell has a lot to learn, and clearly still needs to learn before he's ready to be a winning starter. Some of his throws did look nice, though ...
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I think he meant Rodgers and Cutler .
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• I meant Russell. SOMEBODY won that game, after all, so it was technically a 'win' ... just not his

I didn't think Rodgers played all that well, to be honest. He played well enough, against a good defense; certainly not a disappointment. I just don't think it was an impressive 'statement', like Cutler's game was.
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Jags lose two starters in loss to Titans

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) -- The Jacksonville Jaguars, already thin along the offensive line after the shooting of backup tackle Richard Collier, lost two starters in their opening loss at Tennessee.

Guard Vince Manuwai is out for the season after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee Sunday, and guard Maurice Williams could be sidelined at least two months after rupturing his right biceps. Coach Jack Del Rio hasn't decided whether to place Williams on injured reserve.

Jacksonville already was playing without starting center Brad Meester, who injured his right biceps early in the preseason and could miss at least the first four weeks.

Del Rio said the team planned to work out several offensive linemen Tuesday, including guard Chris Liwienski who was waived in late August, before making any roster moves.

Yikes. Seems like the injury bug was really getting around.
                          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                          One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
                            I meant Russell. SOMEBODY won that game, after all, so it was technically a 'win' ... just not his

I didn't think Rodgers played all that well, to be honest. He played well enough, against a good defense; certainly not a disappointment. I just don't think it was an impressive 'statement', like Cutler's game was.
                            Dude, zero sacks, zero interceptions, four incompletions, TOTAL.
                            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
                              He played against a good defense and his line was 18/22 for 178 yards and 1 TD passing, 35 yards and 1 TD rushing. That's right, that is an 81% completion percentage and an average yards per attempt of 8.1. And he had an average yards per rush of 4.4.

Btw, his passing was good enough for a QB rating of 115.5.

Comment

• I have to agree... I thought Rogers looked pretty damned good out there. Supposedly, the Vikings have a good defense, and Rogers did what he had to do to win. He looked composed and confident, and made the plays.
                                Keep on Civin'
                                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X