Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The question is are the Bears better than we thought or is Indy worse than we thought? I saw a pic of Manning an hour before the game and I thought he looked ill. His play and more than a couple of dropped passes wasn't the Colts of the last few years.

OTOH the only real mistakes on the Bears end was the 15 yard headbutt and Hester's attempt at faking the Colts return team. He should know by now no one's going to get fooled by that move again.

One time's a fluke, twice is noteworthy and 3 times is a pattern. I guess we'll know in 2 weeks.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• Oh, I had no problem with him faking them out. I had a problem with him leaving the endzone once it was clear the fake didn't work.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Well since I thought there was a high probability that the Bears would come crawling home 0-2, I'm already thrilled. If they can keep the same intensity, and avoid the big turnovers again, Carolina is in for a tough fight.

START SIPPING THE KOOL-AIDE DA BEARS.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
          Oh, I had no problem with him faking them out. I had a problem with him leaving the endzone once it was clear the fake didn't work.
          Maybe he ran, because he thought he could beat the guys he saw - he just missed the guy who ended up tackling him.
          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
          One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• It was a boneheaded play, pure and simple. Amazing that Indy didn't keep rolling after their ensuing score. I was shocked, since the Super Bowl seemd to show that Dungy and Manning had figured out how to beat the Tampa-2. Turnovers were (as usual) the key -- plus a good game plan of making things as confusing as possible for the Indy O-line with lots of different defensive fronts.

If the Bears can keep the running game going, they could actually be good.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord Avalon

Maybe he ran, because he thought he could beat the guys he saw - he just missed the guy who ended up tackling him.
              From the camera angle I saw it looked like he had only 1 guy to beat, minus the tackler. It still was dumb, b/c that situation could've appeared had he ran from the get-go. As deep in the endzone as he caught the ball, he should've downed it right away, or at least eventually if he really wanted to try to fool someone with that stunt later in the year.
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• It's official: Tom Brady has been placed on injured reserve, ending his season. Both the ACL and MC ligaments in his left knee are torn.
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                  Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                  One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Damn that sucks.

Comment

• NOOOOOO

Comment

• The Viking pass attack is simply terrible. They aren't going to be able to do much if all they do is run the ball.

And I do love the back to back MNF games
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I expected the Lions to be bad, but... damn.
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Don't worry, the Tigers will take your mind off your troubles.

No, wait...

Comment

• Jackson has a case of the jimmy legs. Ming's right. They needed to ride Peterson hard in a division game.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
                                Jackson has a case of the jimmy legs. Ming's right. They needed to ride Peterson hard in a division game.

Nice game

Some good performances
                                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
                                X