No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football Sign Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A QB/Coach. 3rd string. A starter, and Favre coaching his successor. "See that? Do it like that. Don't do it like that. He saw this. He missed this." Like the old days,
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

He counts 13MM against the cap, but the Pack has the space. So they don't have to cut him; he's under contract for 3 more years.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
        He should retire.
        QFT
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker

are we doin two slow drafts?

We'll have to split up the people wanting 1 league but everyone can voice a preference for Jaguar's league or the 2nd league.

Shall we play with the same stats in both leagues for some interleague comparisons or add some variety?
          I'm up for 1 league draft style.

If we had 2 seperate leagues with the same stats the 2 league champions could meet in a sort of Super Bowl. The only problem would be roster overlap but that would probably be minimal.

Comment

With several people playing in both leagues, there are logistical problems with the scenario.

Not to mention the fantasy hell that is Week 17.
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
              With several people playing in both leagues, there are logistical problems with the scenario.

Not to mention the fantasy hell that is Week 17.
              I thought most weeks ignored week 17.

What are the different logisticalproblems thanplaying agame within your league (assuming same rules which we may not want to do)

Anyways it was just a suggestion.

Comment

Favre has his health, after 17 seasons. He has a ring.
                Ego won't let him quit on his own. He's a wild-eyed Southern boy. You either retire him in some manner, or he'll go down hard. He won't quit. Bledsoe was hard-pressed to quit. Unitas didn't. Namath didn't. Farve won't.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by Deity Dude

I thought most weeks ignored week 17.

What are the different logistical problems than playing a game within your league (assuming same rules which we may not want to do)

Anyways it was just a suggestion.
                  How do you have a playoff between champions without going to Week 17? The only alternative is shortening the season for the other 22 teams -- a bad idea IMHO.

The other logistical issue is that, as currently constructed, there will be several teams playing in both leagues. If one of those teams wins both leagues, the championship game is a mockery.

Comment

The two leagues likely won't have identical rules.
                    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

When will the draft start for the first league? I'm going to be on vacation from Sunday till Wednesday and won't have access to the internet. Last year's draft started on the 17th and ended on the 11th. Hopefully we can start a little later this year.
                      Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

Training camp opens in 2 weeks.

Comment

we wont be drafting until we're close to august

Comment

Two weeks until August. Does that put it in perspective for you?

Comment

18 days > 2 weeks

Comment

OK, so who am I absolutely putting in the first league? I took everyone who's doing two, plus flash and CW, who expressed preference for this one, plus those who were in this league last year, plus Kid, because he signed up early. If anyone really wants to transfer in, tell me now.

Jaguar
                                Spaced
                                Snoopy
                                Tuber
                                Koy
                                flash
                                Coldwizard
                                Jrabbit
                                Imran
                                Jonny
                                gjramsey
                                Kidicious
                                "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Working...
                                X