No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football Sign Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But what if we go to an Auction style league?
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• That's great, as long as this turns out to be the actual list of managers who actually sign up.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• then you are commish

and I dont know of any other managers who have signed up, Jr

Comment

• Ok, since we seem to have a lack of volunteers, I'll do league 2.

League ID: 214450
          Custom League URL: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/polykoy
          Password: RahMing

Settings:
          Roster Positions:
          QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

Stat Categories:
          Completions (1)
          Incomplete Passes (-.5)
          Passing Yards (30 yards per point)
          Passing Touchdowns (6)
          Interceptions (-3)
          Rushing Attempts (.1)
          Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)
          Rushing Touchdowns (6)
          Receptions (1)
          Reception Yards (20 yards per point)
          Reception Touchdowns (6)
          Return Touchdowns (6)
          2-Point Conversions (1)
          Fumbles Lost (-2)
          Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)
          Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
          Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
          Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)
          Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)
          Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)
          Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards (-3)
          Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards (-2)
          Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards (-1)
          Field Goals Missed 40-49 Yards (0)
          Field Goals Missed 50+ Yards (0)
          Point After Attempt Made (1)
          Point After Attempt Missed (-1)
          Sack (1)
          Interception (2)
          Fumble Recovery (2)
          Touchdown (6)
          Safety (5)
          Block Kick (2)
          Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns (6)
          Points Allowed 0 points (10)
          Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)
          Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)
          Points Allowed 14-20 points (1)
          Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)
          Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1)
          Points Allowed 35+ points (-4)
          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• In
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• In.

Can you please adjust the playoffs to be wk 15-16 or 14-15-16? w17 is not a good week for the championship.
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I'm in. Auction League or whatever. I'm easy.
                Last edited by SlowwHand; July 25, 2008, 00:22.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• this league is supposed to be an IDP league with return yards. If room needs to be made we can drop the .1 per rush att. I think last year we used 15 yd rush per point, we've been experimenting with the rush and rec yds per point trying to find balance - 12 or 15 and 20 seems pretty close

as I recall, if we do a 2 week play off that means the 4 at the bottom dont make any playoffs and the top 8 go into 2 brackets. If we do a 3 week play off the top seeds get a bye and all 12 go into 2 brackets.

See, this is why I didn't wanna commish But since you volunteered I wont be a pain in the neck. Its just we've been doin this for almost a decade so changing a bunch of stats/settings is...provocative

Comment

• Just set it up, maybe taking Berz' input. It's the same for everyone. Hell.

See? I can't say that. I'm not setting it up.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
                      Can you please adjust the playoffs to be wk 15-16 or 14-15-16? w17 is not a good week for the championship.
                      Oops. That was my intent, I just hit the wrong option. It's now 14-15-16, with 6 team playoffs.

Originally posted by Berzerker
                      this league is supposed to be an IDP league with return yards. If room needs to be made we can drop the .1 per rush att. I think last year we used 15 yd rush per point, we've been experimenting with the rush and rec yds per point trying to find balance - 12 or 15 and 20 seems pretty close

I don't mind IDP if people want to do it, it's just the conversation earlier in the thread seemed, ah...non-definitive. It's up to you guys.

The .1/att and 10yd/pt for running backs was an attempt to counter the increasing number of RBBC offenses...with 12 teams, 2RB slots, plus flex, viable backs get kind of scarce. Which is fine in one sense, but there should at least be a few players worth picking up after the draft. Plus the other league is kinda pass-happy. I actually had it at .2/att and 15yd/pt originally (still think that might accomplish what I was going for better) but wasn't sure if you conservative set-in-your-ways types would go for that.
                      Last edited by Koyaanisqatsi; July 25, 2008, 04:06.
                      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• we better vote on this stuff again

3 IDP or Team Def?
                        .1 per rush att or return yards?
                        10 or 12 or 15 rush yds per point?

I dont see much else, 2 pt conversions have been 2 pts

How do we bring up last year's settings? Oh well, thats my input

and my votes

3 IDP w/return yds on offense and defense (the same?) and 12 or 15 rush yds per pt is fine with me. I think 10 creates imbalance with RBs and WRs

And thx Koy for doin this

VOTE PEOPLE

And make suggestions, we're always looking to fine tune the league's settings.

Comment

• Honestly, it doesn't make a big difference to me, I'll roll with it any way we go.
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
                            If you're permabanned, what are you doing posting here?
                            Because it was rescinded after about 4 months when they finally admitted what a stupid banning it was in the 1st place...
                            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Doing the right thing for the "wrong" reason is still right.

Comment

• I prefer:
                                4xIDP players (2DB, 2DL) -- last year we used 3, any position
                                KR/PR yards (20 yd/point)

I agree that 10 yd/pt rushing is a bit extreme. Last year, after much discussion, we used Snoop's preferred settings for yds/pt. I'm going to dig up the '07 league info at Yahoo.
                                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                                X