X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    Well, Federer is what, 27?
    26. 27 in August.

I think you can expect Nadal to get better and better. And, unfortunately, tennis is a young player's game. Federer is still amazing (all those unforced errors and only Nadal can really call him on them), but no where near the force he used to be.
    Agreed.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
      Thing is, he's been doing that all year now. Federer isn't the same player he used to be.
      He's had Glandular Fever, which is very hard to recover from.

Comment

The era of (seemingly) effortless dominance by Federer is over, but I doubt he just fades away.

And Nadal... great player, but I wonder if he holds up physically.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
          He's had Glandular Fever, which is very hard to recover from.
          You could have quoted my entire post, you know.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

"the mono"? OK - if that's what it means.

Comment

Oh, is it only called that in America? Mono - short for infectious mononucleosis.

Comment

Nadal has won 2 slams, and had another awesome clay court season, but he's not #2 'cos of some quirk in the rankings, he's there 'cos in his 20 tournaments of the past 12 months he hasn't won a single hardcourt event.

He'll get a chance to put that right leading up to the USO, and has a great chance at getting top spot - but he isn't there yet. Federer is still the better player on hard, and Djokovic is 3-1 over Nadal in their last 4 meetings on the surface. Nadal's only once made QF at the US.

We'll know in a couple of months if Nadal is now capable of hardcourt play, - if he's #1. Some in here seem to be in a rush to make that judgement though?

also I'm taking on a Fed avatar in tribute to the epic battle that lay ahead for the #1 ranking.

GO ROGER!!!

Comment

Roger will be #2 before the end of the season, but it's not the end of the world, it's still pretty remarkable given that he had mononucleosis in the meantime as well.
                  Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                  GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

JKA

Comment

Working...
                    X