Little League Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stuie
    Should be interesting as we're using anyone that even thinks they can pitch. Got a pulse? Great - get on the mound. Kind of like the Phillies bullpen last year.

Good Luck!
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Playoff game number 1 is over.... we lost.

7-2. My "ace" gave up three runs - that's three more than he gave up all season. Ouch.

Double elimination - so we have to win Saturday or it's all over.
      "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
      "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
      "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

It's all over. I am actually kind of depressed.

The kids played really well except for two plays in the field that led to three runs - we lost 6-5, so take back either of those plays and we win. Oh well - most satisfying parts of the game: Player that had never played before this season and had a sort of "cricket" swing knocked in what was the tying run at one point, and hit a solid line drive to second (that was caught) to end the game with the bases loaded. So close! Nice to see him develop so much during his first season. Satisfaction #2 was my son stepping up and playing his best game ever today - fielding, catching, hitting - he got the "almost" rally going in the last inning but ended up stranded at third.

Overall, the season was good - I only wish the kids could have gone further in the playoffs - they deserved more.

Next year I'm coaching Pony for son #3. Ouch. What a change that will be. They using some sort of catapult thing for pitching and the kids play with the dirt and ****. Ugh. I'm sure it will be a blast.

Comment

pictures

Comment

I didn't take any.

I did what any good losing manager would do and went out and got drunk last night. Now my head hurts.

Comment

Nice! What was your son's drink of choice?
              Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie
                I didn't take any.

I did what any good losing manager would do and went out and got drunk last night. Now my head hurts.
                Well where's the team photo? You said that'd be taken in May. We got our soccer pictures a week after they were taken so you should have them by now.

Comment

Originally posted by b etor

Well where's the team photo? You said that'd be taken in May. We got our soccer pictures a week after they were taken so you should have them by now.
                  Fine. I'll scan the thing when I have a chance. You can all play "Guess who is Stuie". Should be fun.

@Ninot - Doesn't matter - he stayed home (with the hot baby-sitter) while I went out and got toasted. Wife did the driving. Good times.

Comment

Comment

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I umpired my first game EVAR last night. Good times. I totally blew a few calls; felt good.

Comment

Working...
                        X