What American Teams Do you Hate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because of the idiot in Minnesota.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
      They were a team of hoodlums. Call that success if you want to, but I don't.
      OK so you hate Miami. What about Oklahoma St. and Dallas. Coming from Texas I would think you would be real familiar with what he did with Dallas.

I don't have stats handy but didn't they win something like 3 or 4 games total in the 2 years before he took over? Then it took him a couple years and they were the top team. Then Jones got in there and started metteling so Johnson quit and Switzer took over. Then it took about 3 years for the team to be middle of the pack again.

Oklahoma State, if I remember correctly, was about the worst team in Divison I when he took over. Then they started competing for the Big 8 title, may have even won it. (Like I said I don't have the stats at hand.) Then it was a few years and they were middle of the pack again.

It's very rare that a great coach takes a lousy team and turns it around in 1 year. What usually happens is it takes a couple years to change the team into his team. And then when he leaves and is followed by a lesser coach it usually takes that coach a couple years to mess things up again.

Regardless of what you think of his players or tactics, you have to admit Johnson was a great coach.

Comment

What did I say , ears? I said he found a sucker in Minnesota, and left leaving bad influences behind.
        Should I grovel more over the asshead's actions? I don't like the guy. Fine, I'm sorry that a totally unethical jackass was tight with Jones and replaced one of pro football's greatest coaching minds.

Will that suffice?
        Last edited by SlowwHand; April 5, 2008, 10:58.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

New York Yankees
          Philadelphia Eagles
          Montreal Canadians
          Dallas Cowboys
          Philadelphia Phillies

Dishonorable Mention:
          New England Patriots
          "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
          ^ The Poly equivalent of:
          "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
            What did I say , ears? I said he found a sucker in Minnesota, and left leaving bad influences behind.
            Should I grovel more over the asshead's actions? I don't like the guy. Fine, I'm sorry that a totally unethical jackass was tight with Jones and replaced one of pro football's greatest coaching minds.

Will that suffice?
            Yes.

Comment

Working...
            X