Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DD
    Why was it an opton 6 hours ago then.
    Its always an option, but by that time we had 7+ people voting for Snoopy 2 or 3 - and that ongoing valid vote means we're switching to a new set of stats. If you wanna add onto that, state your case and ask people to vote. If you want last years stats, ask people to vote.

If that's the case why not just vote on ALL categories and see if that's true.
    If you wanna ask people to vote on all categories, ask them. I already explained this, no one (but you?) expressed support for last years stats. We'd be using those stats if several people hadn't complained, they wanna go with sabremetrics and they proposed a set of stats to be used and 9 people have already expressed support for their stats. What do you want me to do, tell them to **** off because we're using last years stats?

I submit that Snoopy's categories were favored because they were posted first.
    They weren't first, last years stats were posted first - and so what? They did a good job selling their candidate, they even convinced me. You haven't even proposed a set of stats and you're complaining because they did?

If I had come up with 3 lists, posted them first and authoritatively had the self-confidence to tell everyone to vote for 1 of my 3 categories I am sure that I would have had 9 out of 12 people vote for 1 of my 3 categories.
    But you didn't, it aint my fault if you dont sell your idea.

Plus there is debate about which ones within Snoopy's group should be accepted. That proves that there is no unison within Snoopy's ballot.
    And we're voting on that, two versions have 5 and 4 votes - once we establish the winner we're going with it. If people wanna add cats, they can go right ahead and make a proposal. You haven't even done that...

Why not just list all the categories and let the chips fall where they may. Why should we assume that 6 or 7 of Snoopy's are "in" and vote on 2 or 3 others. I think EVERYONE deserves a vote on ALL the categories. Why are we against letting people vote.
    9 people have voted for sabremetrics. You want me to suspend that vote because you want a vote on all categories? Where do you keep getting this idea that people cant vote for what they want?

I am just asking for a up or down vote on each category.
    Then vote.

I don't think it is fair to have the categories pre-grouped by one person and then voted on in a block.
    Thats the way we've always done it, the commish sets up the basic stats and then people provide their ideas and the stats get modified to reflect the will of the managers.

I don't think Snoopy or I should speak for the group. I think an open vote of all the categories should speak for the group.
    He doesn't, you need to read the thread before you keep laying this at his feet. He was one of several people who wanted to go with sabremetrics, I asked them to post their ideas and they did, and people started voting on the version they liked best. If you like one of those versions with some tweaking, say so.

I prefer not to vote on a pre-determined ballot by one person. I think in a group of equal members that ALL the members should vote on ALL the categories.
    So we have 1 vote for starting all over, sell your idea now.
    Last edited by Berzerker; February 23, 2008, 18:46.

Comment

Berzerker votes 1B, K/9 to Snoopy 3
      Guynemer votes RBIs to Snoopy 3
      Stuie votes Runs to Snoopy 2 (and Snoopy 3 I assume)
      Slowhand votes RBIs ( I assume you're flexible wrt Snoopy 2 or 3?)

Comment

Yeah, I'm real easy.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

what is it with libertarians?

and I thought I'd be avoiding a big hassle by being agreeable to the sabremetric boys

ok, I've edited the stat cats at yahoo to reflect Snoopy 3 for now. And we need to start the draft by next weekend at the latest.

I opened the league up to 14 people so EPW can join and do research, Vlad is usually game so I sent him a pm. Tuber got one too
          Last edited by Berzerker; February 23, 2008, 19:05.

Comment

I don't think I am going to enjoy this league very much so EPW can take my place.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Comment

I vote add nothing

What's going to be the criteria to a stat getting added, 6 votes to add it, 7?
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

ok DD EPW is in as our 12th - and he gets to pick first

Snoopy votes Snoopy 3 as is

we still need 7 people to vote

What's going to be the criteria to a stat getting added, 6 votes to add it, 7?
                I'm inclined to go with 6 since Slow is flexible, ie 6 out of 11 is a majority.
                Last edited by Berzerker; February 24, 2008, 13:05.

Comment

Can I vote for system 3 minus 3b?
                  Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker

I'm inclined to go with 6 given since Slow is flexible, ie 6 out of 11 is a majority.
                    Yeah, I'm the camp whore.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Ninot votes Snoopy 3 without 3B (changed your original vote for 2?)

Comment

Yeah, that sounds good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker
                          I go with the majority chosen system, just without 3B. I think most voted for 3?
                          Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

WTF is Baseball?
                            Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                            The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                            The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Assuming Snoopy 3 is the winner I support:
                              - Add RBIs
                              - Remove 3b

Comment

Fistandantilus votes Snoopy 3 add RBIs and minus 3B

thats 7 voters with 3 people wanting RBIs added to Snoopy 3

we need votes from

Imran (hates RBIs)
                                EmpFab
                                Jdd
                                Ramsey
                                EPW

Technically adding RBIs should require 7 votes since I count(ed) Slow as a yes vote for all suggestions and he actually did vote for RBIs. But hell, 6 people is enough and I'll give em my vote if they make 6.
                                Last edited by Berzerker; February 24, 2008, 18:39.

Comment

Working...
                                X