• Time
  • Show
Clear All

V2: Fist, Stui, jdd, Ninot
    V3: Berz, Snoopy, Imran, gjram, Guy
    LY: DD
    Banana: Slowwhand

Not voting: EF
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I thought Berz was th Commish

I think I'll just drop if the non-Commish is gonna refuse a vote of the players after the Commish said he would do such a vote.

Comment

Berz declared the vote we were having, and I am ignoring your usual BS of "my vote is losing so i'll try to get a revote". Voting for individual scoring options is impossible as I said before, it would never end up with a balanced scoring system except by random chance.

Comment

Snoopy just drop me from Berz's league - You do this crap all the time and I am really tired of it. You think because you have convinced yourself that you are right that everyone else's opinion doesn't matter. I have alot of other leagues I can join.

Adios

Comment

PS I don't really care about the rules - I care about the people I play with.

Comment

I think that the 9 others who voted matter more than you I'm hardly the one trying to impose one opinion over all others...

I think you'll find you're the one who does this all the time - quits when he can't get his way.

I think EPW had said he wanted to play, right?

Comment

Sure, I'll join.
                "

Comment

hang on guys

here is the situation: we have 1 vote nearing completion, but the vote is overwhelmingly in favor of sabremetrics and the vote is 5-4 in favor of Snoopy 3 over Snoopy 2

Once we know if 3 or 2 wins, then we can vote on adding categories. I already voted, I'd like to add 1B and K/9 to Snoopy 3

It will take 7 votes to add a category, and if we add more to offense than pitching, we'll take the pitching category with the most votes.

EPW, you're welcome to play but we'll need a 14th player and we got a few people around here who might be lagging a bit. We will go to 14 teams if someone else shows up. But you and the 14th player will be stuck picking 13 and 14 (sorry) since we already set a draft order and I dont need to add to my misery.

Let me see, Vlad, Apocalypse, Asleep at the wheel, dejon... Where are you guys?

Comment

Sorry Berz -

Snoop has a way of doing that to me.

I should have waited to hear from you as Commissioner. I just wonder why one member makes the ballot and then conducts the vote. I thought that would be the Commissioner's job.

I also thought I suggested, and you agreed (as commissioner), that we put all the categories up and vote from scratch as opposed to using Snoop's predetermined list and adding or subtracting from his list.

If not and we must start with a predetermined list, why not last year's categories? That would seem to make the most sense. Why should 1 person come in and post 3 lists (The Snoopy Ballot) that all players are forced to vote from.

I say post all categories and let the players vote on what they want without pressure of a Snoopy Ballot. If Snoopy's Ballot reflects the group's opinion then surely the group will vote that way. If not, then why should we use it.

If someone is against a majority vote I would like to know why they think they are more important than all of the players in the league (as I was accused of earlier because I wanted EVERYONE to vote on EVERY category).

What tends to happen in a league like this is whoever is most vocal attempts to set the debate and most people just go with the flow.

It's like our elections where we are forced to vote between Bush and Kerry and most people aren't happy with either choice but silently take a side.

Why not set up a list of ALL categories and let ALL people vote without pressure and let the chips fall where they may.

I am under the opinion that Runs, RBI and Ave will fall into the top 10 if ALL categories are voted on but I may be wrong). I am also under the opinion that

a) some of Snoopy's Ballot won't make the top 10

and

b) that is why he is resisting a vote on all categories.

Afterall, if the vote is fixed to Snoopy's Ballot ahead of time and we can only add or subtract from Snoopy's Ballot then we end up with Snoopy's Ballot +/-1. That seems like an attempt to control the outcome. I think the fairest would be to start from scratch - or if we must start with a ballot and add and subtract from it - we should add and subtract from last year's list. But, starting from scratch would be the fairest.

Everyone can make their case for why they think 3B are more important than RBI's or K's are more important than K/BB and so on.... but all I ask is let EVERYONE VOTE on EVERY CATEGORY as they see fit.

Anyways, you are the Commissioner and I will go with your ruling. Just as if I were in the Auction League, I would abide by it's Commissioner's rulings.
                    Last edited by Deity Dude; February 23, 2008, 03:08.

Comment

DD
                      I just wonder why one member makes the ballot and then conducts the vote. I thought that would be the Commissioner's job.
                      I've always run my leagues ~democratically, anyone can propose changes and ask for votes. I take over when apathy leaves us nowhere to go

I also thought I suggested, and you agreed (as commissioner), that we put all the categories up and vote from scratch as opposed to using Snoop's predetermined list and adding or subtracting from his list.

If not and we must start with a predetermined list, why not last year's categories? That would seem to make the most sense. Why should 1 person come in and post 3 lists (The Snoopy Ballot) that all players are forced to vote from.
                      Scratch (or last years stats) is no longer an option, 9 out of 12 people voted for sabremetrics. Now its just which version, but Snoopy merely represents the sentiments of several people of like mind and upon my request he posted the stats used in sabremetrics and people started voting. They are welcome to make suggestions too, but it looks to me like the support for sabremetrics is real strong so I doubt we'll be able to add more than maybe 2 categories

Once we determine if its Snoopy 2 or 3 you can ask to add categories and have people vote. So far all we have is my vote to add 1B and K/9 to Snoopy 3. We have a few days before starting and I'm trying to track down people who played in the past so EPW can get in. Asleepatthewheel is around and I pmed vlad too.

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker

Scratch (or last years stats) is no longer an option
                        Why was it an opton 6 hours ago then.

Originally posted by Berzerker

9 out of 12 people voted for sabremetrics. Now its just which version, but Snoopy merely represents the sentiments of several people of like mind and upon my request he posted the stats used in sabremetrics and people started voting. They are welcome to make suggestions too, but it looks to me like the support for sabremetrics is real strong so I doubt we'll be able to add more than maybe 2 categories
                        If that's the case why not just vote on ALL categories and see if that's true. I submit that Snoopy's categories were favored because they were posted first. If I had come up with 3 lists, posted them first and authoritatively had the self-confidence to tell everyone to vote for 1 of my 3 categories I am sure that I would have had 9 out of 12 people vote for 1 of my 3 categories. If your choices are the only ones on the ballot you win. For example, Hillary Clinton was the only person on the Michigan ballot - and guess what she won Michigan. I hardly believe that if all choices were on the ballot that she would have won, and even if she did I doubt it would have been by the same margin.

Plus there is debate about which ones within Snoopy's group should be accepted. That proves that there is no unison within Snoopy's ballot. I think most people are just going with the flow. That is why I ask for a listing of all categories and let all people vote. If they truly prefer 3B to RBI's we will see that in the vote, if not we will see that in the vote.

Why not just list all the categories and let the chips fall where they may. Why should we assume that 6 or 7 of Snoopy's are "in" and vote on 2 or 3 others. I think EVERYONE deserves a vote on ALL the categories. Why are we against letting people vote.

I'm not insisting on my categories - I am just asking for a up or down vote on each category. I don't think it is fair to have the categories pre-grouped by one person and then voted on in a block. Why is his grouping the best. Like I said earlier, if I were the most aggressive and posted 3 categories early and then took votes amongst the people who happened to be veiwing the thread that day before many people even read the post, the outcome would have been set in a different direction

Please tell me why we should assume certain categories are a given as opposed to giving EVERYONE an unbiased vote on ALL categories.

If Snoopy's are the most popular then a vote of all the categories should reflect that. If we don't have a vote of ALL the categories how will we ever know what people really wanted.

I don't think Snoopy or I should speak for the group. I think an open vote of all the categories should speak for the group.

I prefer not to vote on a pre-determined ballot by one person. I think in a group of equal members that ALL the members should vote on ALL the categories.
                        Last edited by Deity Dude; February 23, 2008, 09:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Deity Dude

What about runs and Batting Average. Aleadoff hitter who scores alot of runs is very important. And despite what I have read earlier "a walk is not as good as a hit". Lets see, runners on 2nd and 3rd 2 out - which do you prefer a single or a walk?
                          OBP covers batting average well enough for my money, but you're right: Where the hell are Runs?
                          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

I like quality starts in particular; if there was just one thing I would change to Snoopy 3, I would include RBI.
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Berzerker votes 1B, K/9 to Snoopy 3
                              Guynemer votes RBIs to Snoopy 3
                              Stuie votes Runs to Snoopy 2 (and Snoopy 3 I assume)

We're starting the draft this coming week (maybe Tuesday) so vote

And we will be on a clock - a 12 hour clock - when we do start. We gotta average a round a day and there is no way in hell I'm letting people waste an entire day.

Comment

RBI's are important.
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X