X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we still need votes from

EmpFab, Ramsey, Guynemer, Stuie

Comment

I'll pick Snoopy ver 3, barely over the original (ver 1).
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I vote for Ver 3.

Comment

I'll vote for my option 3 by the way
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by jdd2007
            I like Version 2
            Me too. I want RBIs, not 3Bs.
            "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
            "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
            "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Go version 2

Comment

V2: Fist, Stui, jdd, Ninot
                V3: Berz, Snoopy, Imran, gjram
                LY: DD
                Banana: Slowwhand

Not voting: EF, Guy

EF, Guy, please vote (and don't vote one for v2 one for v3)

Comment

Sloww, drinks are on me next time you visit Montreal, if you change your vote to #2
                  Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
                    last year was fine by me.

For all my talking, I'm pretty easy.
                    Isn't this a vote for last year by Ninot.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie

Me too. I want RBIs, not 3Bs.
                      What about runs and Batting Average. Aleadoff hitter who scores alot of runs is very important. And despite what I have read earlier "a walk is not as good as a hit". Lets see, runners on 2nd and 3rd 2 out - which do you prefer a single or a walk?

It seems like we rushed into this vote a little. Snoopy posted 3 options and people started concentrating on those 3 without other alternatives being considered. Why not just setup a poll where vereyone can pick 8 or 10 stats and see what si the true consensus. I gotta belive runs and RBI's would make that list.

Comment

Isn't this a vote for last year by Ninot.
                        Well, not really, he stated a pref for Snoopy 2, he just didn't want you to feel alone

Aleadoff hitter who scores alot of runs is very important. And despite what I have read earlier "a walk is not as good as a hit". Lets see, runners on 2nd and 3rd 2 out - which do you prefer a single or a walk?
                        He is very important, but he depends on the guys hitting after him. So lets say we have 2 lead off hitters who are equal in every way but followed by hitters who aren't, the lead off hitter with the better players behind him will score and play more just as the hitter with better players in front of him will drive in more. I see what this sabremetrics or whatever is getting at, they're trying to nullify the effects of the teammates to get a better measure of the actual player. I'm willing to give it a go this year even though I love lots of categories.

What is a QS? I know its pitching 5+ innings but what else? I actually like that as a category. Triples are iffy for me but you cant just have doubles and homers and ignore triples, some of these guys are getting 15-20 triples a year now. Wouldn't replacing all hits with total bases be better?

Anyway, it looks like at least 7 people have voted for sabremetrics with 4 wanting Snoopy 2 and 4 wanting Snoopy 3

Why not just setup a poll where vereyone can pick 8 or 10 stats and see what si the true consensus. I gotta belive runs and RBI's would make that list.
                        If you want, sure...

I'll pick Snoopy 3 with 1B/singles and another pitching cat, maybe K/9

But having Runs and RBIs is a distortion of a players value and if we're gonna address it we might as well go all the way and try to isolate players from team effects. You gotta admit 2 equal hitters separated by 40 RBIs because of teammates is a big distortion. On the other hand, so what? So what if we make picks with these distortions? So I take a pitcher for the NYY because of offensive production and pass on an equal pitcher playing for the Marlins

Comment

Cool lets do a poll then . List all the stats and tell everyone to pick 10 in each category and see what we get. I like RBI's and Runs and batting Ave. Call me old school if you want. Lots of players put up great RBI and runs numbers even though they are on lesser teams

Anyways if u list all the categories and we take the top 10 in each category then we decided as a group instead of picking from a predetermined list.

Besides with 2 different leagues I don't think it would be that bad to have different cats in each league.

Comment

How about, we already have 8 voters who voted in this system already, so let's just finish voting this way

You can't just 'vote the top ten categories' because the categories have to be balanced so that all hitters are relevant.

The other league will be a 6x6, I already stated those categories in the other thread. They will be very different indeed.

Comment

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker

What is a QS? I know its pitching 5+ innings but what else? I actually like that as a category.
                                It's six innings (or more) pitched and at the same time allowing 3 or less runs. Yes, it means a 4.50 ERA is good enough to get a QS but on average those are exceptions. I have already played a couple of leagues with QS and I like them a lot. It should replace that meaningless stat called 'Wins' in every format imo but then again I understand everyone is used to wins so..

But having Runs and RBIs is a distortion of a players value and if we're gonna address it we might as well go all the way and try to isolate players from team effects. You gotta admit 2 equal hitters separated by 40 RBIs because of teammates is a big distortion. On the other hand, so what? So what if we make picks with these distortions? So I take a pitcher for the NYY because of offensive production and pass on an equal pitcher playing for the Marlins
                                Absolutely. We have a lot of pitcher stats that depends on team effects. I mean Joe Borowski I have a hard time simply calling him a pitcher yet he provides plenty of saves. His only merit is that he plays for a team that gives him a helluva lot of saving oppurtunities. Well, it's ok as long as I know he somewhat has value despite a 5.00+ ERA (urgh).

I don't mind RBIs that much because it's something everyone is used to and plenty of players contribute to that stat (more or less). Triples are rare and pretty much random to me. On top of my mind I can probably name like ten players who I know contribute consistenly to that category but other that...

Comment

Working...
                                X