Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Detroit Lions announced Thursday, March 13, that the team released RB Kevin Jones.
    Saints signed QB Mark Brunell, formerly of the Redskins.
    Texans agreed to terms with Chris Brown on a two-year contract, according to NFL Network's Adam Schefter.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Kevin Jones could be good, but just can't stay healthy.

Lions also cut underperforming DE Kalimba Edwards.
      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
      One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Jones would create a decent RBBC in Chicago.
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Adam Caplan, of Scout.com, reports the Carolina Panthers agreed to a two-year deal worth $3.5 million with free-agent WR D.J. Hackett (Seahawks) Monday, March 17.

Comment

• That's the best value pickup of this offseason. The other great moves that have been made: Patriots keeping Randy Moss for 9m a year, and Roethlisberger's monster extension, which is actually a bargain in today's crazy market.
            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord Avalon
              Kevin Jones could be good, but just can't stay healthy.

Lions also cut underperforming DE Kalimba Edwards.
              Another season of futility ahead for us.
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• 15. Jonathan Stewart
                Position: RB

Trade with...the Jets and get McFadden instead.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP

Another season of futility ahead for us.
                  Complete with Kitna talking about 10 wins again.

Edit: BTW, did you read Peter King's MMQB? Excerpt about the Lions:

Stat of the Week

Now here's a surprise: Since Matt Millen took over as team president in 2001, the Lions are batting .286 on their first- and second-round draft choices. (I don't include the 2007 draft; it's too early to tell on the yield from last year's first two rounds: Calvin Johnson, Drew Stanton, Ikaika Alama-Francis and Gerald Alexander.) But with the whacking last week of 2002 second-rounder Kalimba Edwards and 2004 first-rounder Kevin Jones, the black marks against the Detroit drafts just keep rising.

When you draft a player in the first or second round, you're counting on him becoming an above-average player for your team. That's my line of demarcation. Of the 14 players picked by Millen in the first two rounds of the six drafts between 2001 and 2006, I count four players being above-average NFL starters for the Lions on their depth chart this morning: tackle Jeff Backus, center Dominic Raiola, wide receiver Roy Williams and linebacker Ernie Sims.

The sad tale of the Detroit drafting tape:

2001: Round 1, 18th overall, T Jeff Backus. Very good player --112 career games, all starts. Round 2, (50), C Dominic Raiola. Above-average five-year starter. Round 2 (61) DT Shaun Rogers. Perennial tease just traded to Browns.

2002: Round 1 (3) QB Joey Harrington. Booed out of town in '05. Now a Falcon. Round 2 (35) DE Kalimba Edwards. Six seasons, 26 sacks. Just cut.

2003: Round 1 (2) WR Charles Rogers. Injuries, substance abuse made him a bust. Round 2 (34) LB Boss Bailey. Five years, moderate impact. Now a Bronco.

2004: Round 1 (7) WR Roy Williams. Very good wideout. Unhappy. On the block. Round 1 (30) RB Kevin Jones. Cut after one good and three nothing years. Round 2 (37) LB Teddy Lehman. Hurt too much. Just signed with Bucs.

2005: Round 1 (10) WR Mike Williams. Lasted two pathetic years before being cut. Round 2 (37) DT Shaun Cody. Backup DT. Seven career starts.

2006: Round 1 (9) LB Ernie Sims. Genuine item. Solid player, great leader. Round 2 (40) FS Daniel Bullocks. Good rookie year. Hurt second year. Can he rebound?
                  Last edited by Lord Avalon; March 18, 2008, 00:26.
                  Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                  Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.

Comment

• Deangelo Hall to the Raiders is going through, thanks to a $70m/7 yr ($24m guaranteed) contract.

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- The Raiders and DeAngelo Hall agreed to terms Thursday on a $70 million, seven-year contract that cleared the way for the former Pro Bowl cornerback to be dealt from Atlanta to Oakland.

Hall arrived in the Bay Area to meet with Raiders owner Al Davis, coach Lane Kiffin and other team officials Wednesday and the deal was completed the following day. Hall will be guaranteed a little more than $24 million in the new deal, a person familiar with the contract said on condition of anonymity because terms were not released.

"I'm excited to be joining the Raiders," Hall said in a statement released by the team. "To come out here and see all of the Hall of Famers walking around, their photos posted on the wall, the championships, it's an amazing feeling to be a part of that history and be a part of making history."

The Raiders wanted to sign Hall to a new contract before completing the deal with the Falcons in order to make sure they would have Hall for more than one year. Oakland sent a second-round pick, the 34th overall, in next month's draft, and a fifth-round pick in 2009 to Atlanta in the deal.
                    Last edited by snoopy369; March 21, 2008, 16:31.
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Last championship was 84. Ever since 03, the Raiders history hasn't been so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369

Dante Hall to the Raiders is going through, thanks to a $70m/7 yr ($24m guaranteed) contract.
                        DeAngelo, not Dante.

As a Falcons fan, I'll take the 2nd and 5th .
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Oops, corrected

Yeah, it's much better than you'd have gotten for him just leaving town next year, and you're rebuilding next year anyway...
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• And he's kind of overrated... so a very high 2nd is really nice.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

DeAngelo, not Dante.

As a Falcons fan, I'll take the 2nd and 5th .
                              Write this down. Today he's a Falcon's fan.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Yeah, pretty shocking for an Atlanta resident.

Comment

Working...
                                X