No announcement yet.

N B A Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bulls have announced Doug Collins as their new head coach.

It's interesting. He was quoted a few weeks back as saying he had no interest in the Bulls job, nor in coaching in general. I guess that #1 draft pick made this gig more attractive.

IIRC when he got fired in Chicago (replaced by the unproven Phil Jackson), there were rumblings that the real reason for his firing were not basketball related. Since the same ownership is in place, this makes his return somewhat intriguing.

In any case, nice to see they chose someone with coaching experience who knows the pro game and is up to speed on league personnel. And with former guards in both the GM and head coaching chairs, I think the identity of that #1 pick is pretty clear now.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Umm... Doug Collins? Really?

Interesting...
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Linky

It's not inked yet, but reports are popping up everywhere. Collins will reportedly be interviewed on the topic at halftime of tonight's LA-SA game by Craig Sager.
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
          The Bulls have announced Doug Collins as their new head coach.
          WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• How many years will he last before he burns out again? A couple? A few?
            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
            One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• One ring would be enough for me... one ring and then he can burn out all he wants

Comment

• That would be his first ring, wouldn't it?
                Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.

Comment

• Yep. Never even been in the finals. Made the conf finals in '89 with the Bulls, lost to Detroit, got canned.

Comment

• Doug Collins

will get the Bulls into the conference finals, but not over the top. The Bulls will fire him and hire Phil Jackson to replace him (right after Kobe retires from the Lakers), just in time to win another 3 championships.
                    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Works for me.

Comment

• Hopefully now that he's older he'll be able to not "do" what got him fired the first time. (the rumor anyway)
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• It's "who", not "what"...

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
                            It's "who", not "what"...
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Sigh... looks like it will be BOS-LA finals. No team I can root for ... nor care about. Blech.

Good thing i'm not a huge basketball fan

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
                                Sigh... looks like it will be BOS-LA finals. No team I can root for ... nor care about. Blech.
                                I wish both teams could lose; I guess I want LA to lose more.

Comment

Working...
                                X