Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well hell, don't start following them now! Stay away, they might win again!

Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 0 seconds.

(yes, it said 0 seconds)
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Well IMRAN shut down our threads before people could post their congratulations

so congrats to the Mountain Goats (quite a year for ya Jag) on winning the SB, congrats to Slowwhand on winning the season, and congrats to the Maine Mosquitos on scoring the most points.

And congrats to Snoopy and Koy on splitting the season and SB in the 3rd league

Comment

• look how consistent Hillenmeyer Hillsmen and Jahks were in their play off games

Comment

• The NFL has arranged with broadcast television partners CBS and NBC for an unprecedented three-way national simulcast of the NFL Network telecast of Saturday night’s New England Patriots at New York Giants game when the Patriots will try to become the first NFL team to go 16-0 in a regular season, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell announced today.

'course, I'm sure a lot of people will be disappointed when the Giants sit most of their starters. But at least I'll get to see the game, which I wouldn't have been able to do before.
          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Thank your congressmen, who threatened the NFL with removing their exception to the monoply laws.
            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Wasn't my congresscritter, but I'll take it anyway.
              "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• And whatever leverage the NFL Network had left over the cable networks just went out the window...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonny
                  And whatever leverage the NFL Network had left over the cable networks just went out the window...
                  Hehe... yep. They seemed to have run into the buzzsaw that is removal of their partial anti-trust exception .
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Hehe... yep. They seemed to have run into the buzzsaw that is removal of their partial anti-trust exception .
                    Interpretation indeedy

Im just tickled to be able to watch the game
                    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• I think everyone should boycott the game. Why should I watch NE play when they didn't let the Dallas games be shown in San Antonio?

Not everyone gets a boner over the Patriots.

ACK!
                      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Patriots have a dilemma. Do they really want that perfect season? If they do, they may have to risk their starters, because I don't think the Giants are going to rein it in any.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Well, the Giants are pretty beat up as well and have their playoff spot wrapped up. So who knows.

I'm sure they'll rest Jacobs and Burress, who're hurting bad.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• It was congressfolk from Texas and iirc Vermont that spearheaded this effort, speaking up for viewers who don't live in the metro area of their regional teams.

This league is making money hand over fist. There's no reason they can't suck it up and make NFL Network affordable to cable operators so they can put it on a basic digital tier without increasing costs to the viewing public.

How the Patriots handle this game is going to be very interesting. The 16-0 record, potential TD records for Brady and Moss... plus they're already a cinch to set the season scoring record (they need 6 pts).
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal
                              Thank your congressmen, who threatened the NFL with removing their exception to the monoply laws.
                              The NFL has an exception? I thought only MLB did. The NFL isn't a monopoly, there was the XFL not too long ago and other competing leagues before that.
                              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski
                                I think everyone should boycott the game. Why should I watch NE play when they didn't let the Dallas games be shown in San Antonio?

Good luck with that.
                                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                                X