This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL -- Are You Ready For Some Football? -- Week 10

Well, the Steelers have schooled the Ravens and the old thread is way over the limit, so it's time to start a fresh trail through the NFL season.

Imran (or someone), please lock down the old thread and let's start anew... with special recognition for Sloww's Dallas Dwarf Tossers, who finally broke through with their first fantasy football win. And to Jaguar's Mountain Goats, who continue their Pats-like undefeated domination of the Poly II league.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

A good week to end the Goats dominance, NE is on a bye and Brees is HOT and up against the Lambs

oh yeah, and cuz I cant afford another loss
    Last edited by Berzerker; November 6, 2007, 06:09.

Comment

Re: NFL -- Are You Ready For Some Football? -- Week 10

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
      Well, the Steelers have schooled the Ravens and the old thread is way over the limit, so it's time to start a fresh trail through the NFL season.

Imran (or someone), please lock down the old thread and let's start anew... with special recognition for Sloww's Dallas Dwarf Tossers, who finally broke through with their first fantasy football win. And to Jaguar's Mountain Goats, who continue their Pats-like undefeated domination of the Poly II league.
      Ray Lewis on his radio show going after his coaches decision

then afterall that, he and his team got smoked at Piit

Couldn't have happened to a better brother

Oh and loved the hit James Harrison put on Ed Reed
      One of best I seen in awhile
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
        BTW now people are saying the Colts cheat by pumping in noise into the RCA dome. But the official word is it was a CBS screw up and they aren't pumping noise into the dome.

Of course, that specific bit of evidence getting shot down by CBS apparently doesn't mean it's not going on...

The NFL may have concluded that the Colts weren’t cheating against the Patriots on Sunday, but one of their own security guards is allegedly telling a different story.

A day after some unusual sounds were heard during the Colts-Patriots broadcast Sunday, the NFL issued a statement saying what sounded like simulated crowd noise at the RCA Dome was actually created by the CBS production crew, not the Colts.

But WBZ Photojournalist Bryan Foley says an unidentified RCA Dome security guard told him Sunday that the Colts do enhance the crowd noise.

Foley has been shooting sports for more than a decade. He was covering the game for WBZ-TV and claims the noise in the RCA Dome was deafening when the Patriots had the ball.

"It was almost silent when the Colts had the ball," he said.

The noise was so bad he asked a security guard about it.

"I asked him, 'Do you go home at night with a headache? Because it's early in the first quarter and my head is already hurting.'"

"He said, 'I don’t know if you know this, but they actually pick up the crowd noise and pump it back through the P.A. (public address system)'"

I don't really care, to be honest, and obviously this isn't what you'd call hard evidence. For those who are outraged by such things, though, I would think that illegally using fake noise to disrupt playcalling would be a fairly serious case of cheating to effect the game as it's being played. But I somehow doubt this will slow down the beatification of Dungy & Co. or result in the loss of, say, a first round pick and three quarters of a million dollars...
        "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

I just heard on an ESPN update that Goodell told Pacman he can continue to sit out this season.

Edit: linky
          Last edited by Lord Avalon; November 6, 2007, 21:51.
          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
          One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Avalon
            I just heard on an ESPN update that Goodell told Pacman he can continue to sit out this season.

That's fine with me... Tennessee's defense has been working just well enough without his shenanigans.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Avalon

Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny

That's fine with me... Tennessee's defense has been working just well enough without his shenanigans.
                QFT.

Neither Harper or Finnegan need to sit for Pac to be able to play. They are both playing very well. Pacman had his chance...
                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Re: NFL -- Are You Ready For Some Football? -- Week 10

Originally posted by -Jrabbit

Thank you.

Perhaps someone should accuse me of running up the score or stealing other teams' signals. This is obviously the most difficult week for me, but I might finally be getting Marvin Harrison back. I also have Lee Evans and Willis McGahee against the abysmal Fins and Bengals defenses. I think I'll be OK.
                  "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny

Tennessee's defense is awesome. VY needs to get his act together, though.
                    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

Get his act together? Kind of like a 1 Man Band?
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

His OL is good. I'll admit that the rest of the offense sucks.

Comment

Even then though... his numbers are HORRIBLE... and he doesn't have the same running numbers that he did last season.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

To be fair, though, the Titans are seriously lacking in people who can catch the ball consistently... he's had a few TD passes dropped.

Comment

Even then a 65 rating is pretty damned bad. And he doesn't really run all that much.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                              X