This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Flubber
    Congrats to the Depantsing ones on what appears to be extending your league lead
    A valiant effort, Flubber.

Next victim - Siddiqui
    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• Originally posted by Kontiki

A valiant effort, Flubber.
      Yours is a very tough team right now and doing very very well on those PPGs. Add in a Lundqvist who had another week playing at a supernatural level and there it was, gone. I had hoped to maybe get the week into a tie or something when I saw how it was headed but alas it was not to be.

Next up for me is the Road Kill in what seems like a more active week (more games for my top players)
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Well my Josh Harding experiment is over-- He was supposed to help tide me over through the stretch when Ottawa played very little- It was an unexpected bonus when he played a bunch of games in that stretch except . . . well his numbers just weren't that good-- I still think he is an excellent young goaltender but with Minny only playing twice this week I thought dropping him effective tomorrow would be the right move. After their stretch of losses I doubt Harding gets in a game this week anyway but if he does it would probably be the Edmonton game tonight

Oh and despite his mediocre numbers during the Backstrom injury, I still thought he played pretty well.

Oh and Asher, You may have noticed that Matt Carle is available. The last few games, his PP time dwindled to not much at all. I know you liked him so here's your chance. He has looked good at times but zero goals and getting dropped from the main PP unit is ouch. There are still d-men that lead their PP unit available
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• hmmm 7 skaters each and it looks like NYE will get 2 goalie games to my none--

Mixed night though since NYE will have two Minnie skaters going at his goalie- On the flip side my skater Lecavalier may help his other goalie get a win. My hope is a 9-8 Tampa loss with Lecav getting 4PPG 4A and a plus 3-- Thats not asking TOO much is it

Comment

• It only would be asking too much if you wanted him to get 257 shots on goal too

/me
            "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• 4 PPA, remember.

What's the NHL scoring record for one game? 5?
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
                4 PPA, remember.

What's the NHL scoring record for one game? 5?
                10 (Sittler, 1976)

* Most points: Wayne Gretzky, 2857
                * Most points, including playoffs: Wayne Gretzky, 3239
                * Most points, one season: Wayne Gretzky, 215 (1985-86)
                * Most points, one season, including playoffs: Wayne Gretzky, 255 (1984-85)
                * Most points, one game: Daryl Sittler, 10 (Feb. 7, 1976)
                * Most points, one playoff game: Patrik Sundström (Apr. 22, 1988) and Mario Lemieux(Apr. 25, 1989), 8
                * Most points, one road game: Peter and Anton Stastny, 8 each (Feb. 22, 1981)
                * Most points, one period: Bryan Trottier, 6 (Dec. 23, 1978)

(As you can see, one of the reasons I'm high on Paul Stastny is his bloodlines )
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• BTW, Kiprusoff will probably beat this record this season:

Most consecutive 40-or-more win seasons by a goaltender: Terry Sawchuk, 2 (1950-52), Bernie Parent, 2 (1973-75), Ken Dryden, 2 (1975-77), Martin Brodeur, 2 (twice: 1999-2001 and 2005-2007), Miikka Kiprusoff (2005-2007), 2
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• With an * for the Shootout wins?

/me
                    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Heh. Shootout wins? Kiprusoff?

I think he's got about 1 career shootout win.

Comment

• All the more reason for the *

If I were a goalie today breaking that record, I would want it to reflect the fact that I could have broken it without the shootout rule, else history will remember him as the goalie to break it once the shootout was implemented.

/me

Comment

• To see how badly my goaltending can suck, go here:
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                          X