This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Asher
    I can't play hockey for reasons I will not discuss here, .
    Given the very different stereotypes for hockey players and homosexuals, ASher is afraid his brain would explode

Actually Asher told me the real reason -- It was the getting undressed with other guys thing -- Everyone was so very attracted to him that one thing led to another and they always ended up defaulting
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

but I will thank you to stop using the fact that you physically play it means you know more than a well-educated, observant, analytical observer by default. That "trump card" seems to come up every time you back yourself into a corner.
      As someone that plays , I do think it does matter regarding hockey knowledge but have to agree with Asher that it is not a trump. If a very good hockey player NEVER watches the NHL, they would obviously lack key hockey knowledge. BUt give me two guys that observe the NHL equally, and I would give a small edge to a guy that played
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I can't ski,
        Thats unfortunate-- I have only skiied a few times but I find it a marvelous experience-- Fun, good exercise , great chance to hang with friends and GREAT scenery all at once-- The beers after are nice too

I'm actually getting a membership at the Olympic Park ( 5 minutes drive from my house) so that I can get better at it--

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber

As someone that plays , I do think it does matter regarding hockey knowledge but have to agree with Asher that it is not a trump. If a very good hockey player NEVER watches the NHL, they would obviously lack key hockey knowledge. BUt give me two guys that observe the NHL equally, and I would give a small edge to a guy that played
          As I've said before, a colleague of mine played in the OHL on the St Michael's Majors (one of his pairings was one Steve Montador ). But he never watches anything but Leafs games. Ever.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber

Thats unfortunate-- I have only skiied a few times but I find it a marvelous experience-- Fun, good exercise , great chance to hang with friends and GREAT scenery all at once-- The beers after are nice too

I'm actually getting a membership at the Olympic Park ( 5 minutes drive from my house) so that I can get better at it--
            I lived near COP myself.

But COP and "GREAT scenery"?
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Also, could someone who is more creative than me start a new thread with a clever title?

Comment

• Injury update:

Bertuzzi is out with a concussion, Moreau is out at least 3 more weeks as well.

Comment

• (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                  X