NFL Preseason Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully, but where did that come from
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

ESPN.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I meant why did you post that now? We've been aware of that for, hmm, three weeks now maybe? Not the specifics of the surgery, but that he'd be out that length of time anyway (probably missing a week or two of regular season).

Comment

It's not his fault he's Sloww.
          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

In other news Mike Vick is under investigation for dogfighting.

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
            One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Rumor now is that Vick may be banned for the year for GAMBLING on dogfighting. It's a bit easier to go with since gambling is a no-no in professional sports.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Ahh, true. Though it's still probably not explicitly in the player contract, but who knows. I don't see the union coming to his defense too quickly on this one anyway

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                  I meant why did you post that now? We've been aware of that for, hmm, three weeks now maybe? Not the specifics of the surgery, but that he'd be out that length of time anyway (probably missing a week or two of regular season).
                  You've answered your own question.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Looks like the Michael Vick story will end sooner than expected, as according to the BREAKING NEWS banner on CNN he's negotiating a plea. Apparently he finally figured out when the rest of his conspirators pleaded out that regardless of what happened it wasn't going to end well for him.

Don't know whether to call his career finished or not but it'll be years before he can sniff a football field again.
                    CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                    Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                    Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                    Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• You might not be able to call his career finished, but I can. Vick will never play in the NFL again. Go ahead and quote me on this one.
                      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• What, you've forgotten the Oakland Raiders are still an NFL team?
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Or he could go play for Cleveland... i'm sure the Dawg Pound would love him

Comment

• Philly fans would love him. He wouldn't love them back after they pelted him with iceballs a few times.

Comment

• I would like to hear which team you guys think has the best chance of going 0-16 this year.

I'm in a pool and being able to pick that team will help me greatly but I am still up in the air as to which would give me the best chance.

(and before anyone points out that it is unlikely for a team to actually go 0-16, maybe a better question would be which team(s) do you think will finish with the worst winning percentage in the league this year)

What say you all?

/me

And I will admit in advance that I am a casual fan at best, so don't laugh at my ignorance, but I thought Apolyton would give me an honest answer to my question so I came here first
                              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• OK, the obvious pick is the Oakland Raiders. However, their defense is probably too good for them to finish with the worst record in the league for a second straight season.

The better money is probably on the Kansas City Chiefs. Their offense is in serious trouble, and their defense, which has always been poor, still isn't fixed.

Another quick pick: the Dolphins.
                                "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Working...
                                X