X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Football Thread XVIII: The Beckham has Landed

Continued from:

World Football Thread XVII : Champions League Final and beyond..
    World Football Thread XVI - The demise of one Ronaldo and the rise of another
    World Football Thread XV - Life after the World Cup
    World Football Thread XIV - Italy: Hail to the Champions
    World Football Thread XIII - to Berlin
    World Football thread XII
    World Football Thread XXX - Germany 2006
    World Football Thread X - Germany 2006
    World Football Thread IX - Weltmeisterschaft Ausgabe
    World Football Thread VIII - The beautiful game?
    World Football Thread VII
    World Football Thread VI
    World Football Thread V
    World Soccer Thread IV
    World Soccer thread III
    World Soccer Thread II
    Worldwide Soccer Thread I
    Newcastle vs. Spurs gloating thread.

Last one was just about to hit 500... continue here.
    Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; July 19, 2007, 21:16.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

MLS All Stars vs. Celtic in the MLS All Star game this year is up shortly!
    Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; July 19, 2007, 21:13.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Hmmm... at the beginning of the All Star broadcast, some interesting transfer news:

Jay Jay Okocha to Real Salt Lake is apparently almost done.

Denilson has been made an offer from FC Dallas.

Comment

@ Imran for handling this properly.

(the subtitle could be less bland though)
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

I couldn't think of anything off the top of my head... but I'm open to suggestions .

Mod powers give me the ability to change it up.

Wait... I have an idea

(though its a very American title )

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
            Denilson has been made an offer from FC Dallas.
            Not THE Denilson.

Comment

Well, this one:

considers himself THE Denilson He did have it first, I guess .

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                (though its a very American title )
                I suppose that's fair. It has been the hottest story after all.

Re another competition nobody cares about: Club Brugge is making a splash in the domestic transfer market (after finishing a mere 6th last season). They've just purchased Sterchele, Belgian international and first division topscorer. Previously they had already signed Geraerts from Standard Liege (end contract), another Belgian international, and Mathijssen, coach and nicknamed the Mourinhu of the Low Countries. These 3 are the biggest transfer stories in Belgium so far, which indicates the ambition for the next season. All in all, the team has signed 6 first team players and 2 coaches. It's also racing towards season tickets record, with over 20,000 already sold and is in the process of building a new 40k stadium.
                DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

At the half of the MLS All Star game, the MLS is up 2-0 on Celtic. Angel scored the first, collecting a nice through pass from (IIRC) De Rosario, on his way to scoring. The second was set up by a series of strange deflections on a free kick, but ended with a very nifty move and shot by Toja.

And at halftime Beckham confirmed what we (ie, US soccer fans) all feared, that he probably won't be 100% for the exhibition on Saturday vs. Chelsea, which was supposed to be his welcoming party. He'll probably be in for a few minutes at the end (20 mins at most, I'm predicting). The ankle is just still a problem.
                  Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; July 19, 2007, 22:31.

Comment

Second half with no scoring. Finishes up 2-0 MLS.

Comment

Wikkid

Comment

in other news, Newcastle United are still ****.

Although this is a fantastic vid taken at the Stadium of ****e the last time we played the Mackems (when they were going down).

We'll meet again - 1-0 down4-1 UpAlbert Luque Rapped it UpWith a knick knack paddy whackGive a dog a boneAll the mackems fucked off home
                        Last edited by Agathon; July 20, 2007, 11:24.
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Hey at least Owen scored a goal... regardless of the opposition .

Comment

Beckham playing it that friendly while injured really tells you why he's out there......merchandising. If a player isn't fit for a friendly then he just doesn't play.

Comment

Originally posted by Colon™
                              @ Imran for handling this properly.
                              Oh, and WTF is that supposed to mean?

Comment

Working...
                              X