Your All-Star Rosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your All-Star Rosters

Take some time to check stats and if you like, post two teams - a team of players you like (more subjectively) and a team of players who deserve it based on this year's performances (more objectively)

American League

C Victor Martinez CLE
    1B David Ortiz BOS
    2B Brian Roberts BALT
    3B Alex Rodriguez NYY
    SS Orlando Cabrera LAA
    OF Magglio Ordonez DET
    OF Ichiro Suzuki SEA
    OF Vladimir Guerrero LAA
    UT/DH Gary Sheffield DET

SP Dan Haren OAK
    SP Johan Santana MIN
    SP CC Sabathia CLE
    SP Josh Beckett BOS
    RP JJ Putz SEA
    RP Francisco Rodriguez LAA
    RP Jonathan Papelbon BOS

National League

C Russell Martin LAD
    1B Prince Fielder MIL
    2B Chase Utley PHI
    3B Miguel Cabrera FLA
    SS Jose Reyes NYM
    OF Matt Holliday COL
    OF Carlos Lee HOU
    OF Barry Bonds SF
    UT/DH Ken Griffey jr CIN

SP Jake Peavy SD
    SP Brad Penny LAD
    SP Chris Young SD
    SP Ben Sheets MIL
    RP Francisco Cordero MIL
    RP Takashi Saito LAD
    RP Trevor Hoffman SD

The first player to be added to my all-star team is frontrunner for MVP and potential triple crown winner (damn you Ichiro)

Alex Rodriguez 3B NYY - leads in HRs (28) and RBIs (79) while carrying a .334 average and big leads in slugging and OPS. Throw in 9 steals in 11 attempts and we have a 5 category superstar.

From the national HR leader (27) Prince Fielder 1B of Milwaukee, this year's Ryan Howard, and the power behind that potent Brewer offense gets the nod in a very competitive race with several players.

Joining them are the first outfielders and leading hitters in their respective leagues

Magglio Ordonez of Detroit leads MLB with a .375 average, add 34 doubles, 13 HRs and 68 RBIs and we have our best outfielder in baseball (and one I wont ignore in the draft next year, he's also 2nd in polling to A-Rod)

Matt Holliday of the Colorado Rockies leads the NL with a .348 average, and matching Ordonez with 13 HRs, also has 27 doubles and 4 triples with 61 RBIs

The 5th all-star is Ichiro Suzuki, AL hit leader with 118 and 23 steals with and 2nd in average with .368.

Some nice competition in both leagues for best SS, but I gotta give it to Orlando Cabrera and Jose Reyes in a close race among 7-8 players. Their fielding gives them the edge over Hanley and Jeter.

NL 3B is tough, Chipper Jones produces better when he's playing but Cabrera plays more games, so I'm going with Cabrera. NL 2B is a no brainer, Chase Utley... The AL 2B is between Brian Roberts and Placido Polanco, Brian gets the nod for his base stealing.

Carlos Lee and Barry Bonds will round out the NL outfield, Carlos leads all OF in RBIs at 67 and Bonds' numbers are still impressive. Just cant make room for Griffey and Dunn (and Byrnes).

I gotta go with David Ortiz over Justin Morneau

The AL starting pitchers are Dan Haren of Oak, Johan Santana of MIN, CC Sabathia of Cle, and Josh Beckett of Bost. The first 3 SP for the NL are all on the west coast, Jake Peavy finally hit a big year, Brad Penny of LAD and Peavy's team mate Chris Young.
    Last edited by Berzerker; July 3, 2007, 05:08.

Who I think deserves it

American League

C Jorge Posada NYY
    1B Kevin Youkilis BOSTON
    2B Placido Polanco DET
    3B Alex Rodriguez NYY
    SS Orlando Cabrera LAA
    OF Magglio Ordonez DET
    OF Vladimir Guerrero LAA
    OF Torii Hunter MINN
    UT/DH David Ortiz BOS

SP Josh Beckett BOS
    SP Chris Sabathia CLE
    SP Dan Haren OAK
    SP Johan Santana MIN
    RP Francisco Rodriguez LAA
    RP Jonathan Papelbon BOS
    RP J.J. Putz SEA
    Last edited by SlowwHand; July 1, 2007, 23:42.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Only 2 guys in each league are worthy to you?
      Or is this one of your storied brainfarts?
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Youk is on Boston, I'm doing this over a few days

Comment

Oh, sure. Fine. I make a little mistake, and what do you do? Rub my nose in it.
          I see how you are. Let me get right on correcting that for you.

Comment

Cordero of Milwaukee is NL

I shouldn't be doing that, you're the only one posting a team beside me

Comment

CRAPSKI!

Comment

the AL will win 5-3, and David Ortiz will be the MVP if he plays...

Comment

Michael Young.

Comment

Michael Young sucks. It's a disgrace that he's on the All Star team. Even you don't have him listed on your AL team, Sloww .
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

He got off to a bad start. If you want to think he sucks though, feel free.
                      I picked one per position. Which is one more than you, jackass.

Comment

His "bad start" is below average for a major league player. He's no all star .
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

I picked one per position. Which is one more than you, jackass.

I wanted to give it to Jeter but when I looked at the actual stats Cabrera is just a tad better.

SD with 3 all star pitchers

Comment

.292 average. Not bad.
                            99 hits, 11 less than Orlando Cabrera. Not shabby, given his poor start.
                            He has 48 RBI's. 7 more than Orlando Cabrera.
                            Slugging pct.398 to .344, Young.
                            Young's defense isn't lacking.

Now, I'm done.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                              .292 average. Not bad.
                              99 hits, 11 less than Orlando Cabrera. Not shabby, given his poor start.
                              He has 48 RBI's. 7 more than Orlando Cabrera.
                              Slugging pct.398 to .344, Young.
                              Young's defense isn't lacking.

Now, I'm done.

Cabrera: .333/.371/.452
                              Young: .292/.342/.397

Check out the latest Stats, Height, Weight, Position, Rookie Status & More of Orlando Cabrera. Get info about his position, age, height, weight, draft status, bats, throws, school and more on Baseball-reference.com

Check out the latest Stats, Height, Weight, Position, Rookie Status & More of Michael Young. Get info about his position, age, height, weight, draft status, bats, throws, school and more on Baseball-reference.com

Cabrera is +29 in OBP and +55 in SLG, making him +84 in OPS. In OPS+ its even more stark. 100 being the average player, Michael Young has a 93 OPS+ this year (7% BELOW average hitter), while Orlando Cabrera has a 122 OPS+ (22% ABOVE the average hitter). Furthermore, Young has 4.85 Runs Created per 27 outs, while Cabrera has 6.43 - 1.58 RC/27 MORE.

Furthermore:

Cabrera is #1 in Win Shares for AL Shortstops with 16. Young is #6 with 10. That also shows Cabrera is a far superior defensive SS.

Comment

Working...
                              X