Tennis, Anybody?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tennis, Anybody?

Anyone here care about tennis? Anyone looking forward to Wimbledon? I think Serena is finally going to take down Federer. What do you all think?
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Federer would mop the floor with Serena if they ever played... she's good, and could beat a lot of men, but not Federer.

I watch it occasionally. I think Federer will probably win the men's side, and have no clue who'll come out of the women's side; Serena has as good a shot as anyone not named Sharapova or Henin, but the whole Sharapova and Henin thing is going to make life tough for her...
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

The player 250 in the world can beat Serena, that doesnt mean she is bad, just the difference between men and women is too big, men are much faster, can retrieve balls regularly and in a better position that women dont even dream of retrieving, men hit the ball with far far more spin than women, not a chance.

Serena and Venus played a doubles player, almsot retired singles player named Karsten Braach, and he defeated them very easily, almost a joke, he would smoke while playing them to show how easy it was for him (and he was ranked 200 something at that time)

I think serena and justine are the candidates, and no one can stop federer
      I need a foot massage

Comment

Federer

Tennis becoming boring because of Federer

Lori coming back
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Sampras was boringer than Federer

But then, he was not as good as Fed, so most player felt they had a chance of taking sampras to a tie break, and then maybe with luck win the set, with federer they all think they dont have a chance and just try to not get humilliated.
          I need a foot massage

Comment

i'm looking forward to watching

Comment

I don't think Federer makes tennis boring. Sure, he wins everything (except the French), but he's just amazing to watch.

Also... Serena couldn't beat Federer. Duh.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

As long as the wailing moose Sharapova doesn't win I don't care.
                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

she is not a wailing moose!

Comment

Serena could probably kick most of the male players' asses. Not in tennis, though.
                    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by b etor
                      she is not a wailing moose!
                      You're right - that's an insult to wailing mooses...

Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

If wailing like a moose whenever I strike the ball is what it takes to play world class tennis, I would wail like a moose whenever I struck the ball.

Comment

What else does it take to make you wail like a moose?
                          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Curious thought: No one would ever believe Sharapova in the sack.

Comment

Federer is ridiculously good. It's not that his style of play is boring - it isn't, at least not to me. It's just that the result simply isn't in doubt, unless it's a clay court match.

It's not Federer's fault, of course.

-Arrian
                              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                              X