Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrian
    replied
    I'm late, but I'll chime in - awesome final. I really believed one guy or the other was gonna win about 3 times each.

Fed wins set 1 in tiebreak - Bah, he's gonna roll again.
    Nadal wins set 2 - holy crap, Nadal has a shot!
    Fed wins set 3 in tiebreak - shades of Agassi/Sampras in the 2003 US Open. Fed's got it.
    Nadal wins set 4, breaking Federer repeatedly - OMG, Nadal's got him beat! Fed's all sortsa rattled!
    Nadal hurt - oh, man, the consecutive matches finally catch up to him, advantage back to Fed.
    Nadal gets 15-40 break chances in consecutive Federer service games in the 5th set, but fails to convert - at this point, you had to know Fed would make him pay for that.
    Fed breaks Nadal - it's-all-ov-er, clap, clap, clap-clap-clap!

And so it finally was. But what a great match.

-Arrian

Leave a comment:

• Imran Siddiqui
    replied
    Nadal . Actually setting up an amazing match against Federer at Wimbledon. Great show.

Leave a comment:

• Cort Haus
    replied

Fed.

Jankovic was superb in the mixed doubles - carrying Jamie Murray at the end. In his own words : "She won the match in the end because she kept returning the guy's serve and I couldn't do it."

Leave a comment:

• LordShiva
    replied
    Federer's first five-set match at Wimbledon since 2001

Leave a comment:

• Lorizael
    replied
    That was the best final we've seen in a long time. Woo.

Leave a comment:

• Lorizael
    replied
    I kind of wish Djokovic hadn't been so fatigued; he might have been able to pull it off. While we all want to see the two best in the world play, a change of pace might have been nice.

Leave a comment:

• Cort Haus
    replied
    Go Federer!

Leave a comment:

• Barnabas
    replied
    federer nadal

1 vs 2

if federer wins, he equals borgs record of winning wimbledon 5 times in a row

2003 2004 2005 2006 2007

if nadal wins, he becomes the first man since borg to win roland garros and wimbledon the same year

i dont care who wins, i just hope for a close exciting match

Leave a comment:

• Cort Haus
    replied
    Originally posted by Barnabas
    Put a roof over the courts!
    Centre court roof to be completed for 2009.

Leave a comment:

• Lorizael
    replied
    Originally posted by Barnabas
    They're working on it. But yeah, this rain delay crap is pretty lame. Real sports are played in the rain.

Leave a comment:

• Barnabas
    replied
    wombledon bloooows

rain rain rain

Leave a comment:

• Barnabas
    replied
    why is england soooo rainy??

I saw Sharapova playing very well, she sucked in Roland Garros and got creamed at the french open by Serena, but I think she can win this one.

Leave a comment:

• Zopperoni
    replied
    Michaella Krajicek defeats the first player from the world's top ten, in pursuit of equalling her brother's achievement

Leave a comment:

• Lorizael
    replied
    Second set went to a tiebreaker which she won. Third set she took with ease.

Leave a comment:

• Ninot
    replied
    Did Ivanovic win today? I had to leave the house just as she went up 6-5 in the 2nd set.

edit: Oops, I was watching Jankovic. I can't keep them apart. They're all just shapely legged tennis goddesses to me.
    Last edited by Ninot; June 29, 2007, 11:04.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X