No announcement yet.

NHL Off-season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, 12) Balsillie can't buy the Preds.

That Vokoun trade was just... ridiculous. I know they need/want draft picks right now, but that was just... ridiculous! I would have gladly had Lowe give up that much and more for Vokoun. I like Roloson, but would have no trouble throwing him into the North Saskatchewan in that case.

Ridiculous!

Also, why did K-Lowe trade up to the 21-spot in order to draft a Junior-A player slotted to go in the second round?

Gagner sounds good, though. Thank god the Kings wasted their pick! I hope this Plante dude pans out, otherwise we'll be kicking ourselves if Cherepanov and/or Esposito put up even decent finishing numbers (say, 30 goals, 20 assists)... We could use that in/over the next couple years...
    "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
    "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
    "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

Cherepnov is a Russian with all the contract uncertainty that brings... The Oilers already have 2 Russians who will refuse to play AHL..

Esposito... Montreal turned the home town boy down at 12. Do you think the Habs knew something?

Plante is a huge defenceman, and the Oilers got him at about the rank many rankings had him, or so I've heard.

Nash is the question mark. As with many draft picks, you hope they pan out. He was rookie of the year in his league.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by cinch
        Also, 12) Balsillie can't buy the Preds.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
          Esposito... Montreal turned the home town boy down at 12. Do you think the Habs knew something?
          The idea I'm getting is that Esposito's style of play wouldn't fit into Gainey's system. That, and Gainey has a hardon for hard working talent from the American mid-west.
          Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Well, if the Pens can take some of the pressure off of Esposito by putting him on the second line or something, and just letting him play... Pittsburgh might just get that much deadlier.
            "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
            "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
            "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

You mean he isn't a lock for the first line in Pittsburgh? lol

Comment

So how stupid is K-Lowe?

If there's one thing the Oilers certainly lacked, it was prissy puck danglers that can't finish.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

It was certainly a controversial draft in Etown. I'm fine with it.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Asher can't stay unbanned long enough for a good ole-fashioned Alberta bash-fest.

Where's the fun in spreading gossip about players wanting out of Calgary?

Flubber?
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

Seriously, how come Asher is more banned than usual lately?

Comment

His take no prisoners attitude?

That and possibly a severe issue with authority.

Or he just doesn't give a **** whose buttons he gets to push, even if it isn't good for uninterrupted posting.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

What did he do this time?
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I have no idea.

He's mumbled something about Ming and then he starts twitching.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

Too bad he's not around. I bumped into a man from Calgary tonight who asked me for directions. We had an interesting exchange on the differences between our cities. I'm sure Asher would love to hear about it.

Comment

Tell us. I'm sure he's reading.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X