Cheater Cheater Bicycle Pants on Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheater Cheater Bicycle Pants on Fire

Bjarne Riis now admits to cheating to win the Tour de France in 1996. Will others do so too?
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

They were all doped...

....except Armstrong of course
    "Football is like chess, only without the dice." Lukas Podolski

Comment

If everyone was

on performance enhancing drugs, then we should just acknowledge the truth and let everyone use them.
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

And in the category of best drug use in an antheltic role, the winner is...
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Bjarne Riis now admits to cheating to win the Tour de France in 1996.

It's what I've been saying for years. And about 80% of the entire nation, lately. We all praised and marvelled at his accomplishment a decade ago, but now it's apparent to the whole world what a human failure and a cheat he is. Most of the then Telekom team has now confessed, to varying degrees, scores of others have been caught, crippled or died, yet most riders, team managers and organizers just want to continue. They're always adamant in virtually guaranteing to everyone that it is now a clean "sport" and everything's under control.

Yeah right. I stopped following 6-7 years ago. I'm amazed there are still people clinging on to this monumental freak show.

Comment

Deutschlands führende Nachrichtenseite. Alles Wichtige aus Politik, Wirtschaft, Sport, Kultur, Wissenschaft, Technik und mehr.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by siron
                ....except Armstrong of course

Yeah... you have to wonder if everyone was doped to the gils, how exactly would a non-doped rider win all of those Tours in a row? Unless he's actually superman, and all the hype to the contrary, Armstrong never was.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Current Yellow Jersey Rasmussen just got withdrawn from the Tour...
                  DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Rotten to the core. Riders, teams, sponsors, doctors, organizers, UCI, all of it.

They should award the trophy to the rider who places dead last. He's the one who's most likely to have been somewhat clean.

What a joke of a sport. It's starting to edge out pro wrestling in terms of sheer ridiculousness.

Comment

This sport makes me laugh

Honestly, this is the one sport where they should just allow a reasonable set of things and move on with it. It probably would make the race more competitive anyway... and a lot of what they're using isn't that bad, and is essentially just Gatorade times a few thousand [metabolitic enhancers and blood oxygen increasing factors, from what I have read].
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Colon™
                        Current Yellow Jersey Rasmussen just got withdrawn from the Tour...
                        Not only that... Rabobank fired him on the spot

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                          This sport makes me laugh
                          You think any other sport is different?

Comment

What??!! There's no doping in American football, baseball or wrestling if that's what you mean!!
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                              What??!! There's no doping in American football, baseball or wrestling if that's what you mean!!
                              He said "sports"
                              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Working...
                              X