No announcement yet.

Which team should I cheer for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchener and Waterloo are essentially the same city - kind of like a Minneapolis/St. Paul deal where they're adjacent but neither is really a suburb of the other.

Regardless, I don't see another team in Southern Ontario as especially viable. Sure, we've got the population and the hockey fans, but the Leafs are just too entrenched, especially when in comes to TV rights and coverage. Hamilton would be the only realistic choice, but even that's pushing it.
    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• London does have the advantage of being a large college town, so you might be able to inspire a young fan base.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer
        London does have the advantage of being a large college town, so you might be able to inspire a young fan base.
        K-W is much more of a college town than London is.

There are two major universities in Waterloo, plus University of Guelph is very close as well, plus the smaller colleges in Waterloo, Cambridge, etc. as well.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
        X