No announcement yet.

NBA Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LeBron pwns Detroit single-handedly, scoring Cleveland's final 25 points in a double overtime win.
    Oh, and it was 29 out of their last 30. Their last 11 baskets.

Simply sick.

Detroit is on the ropes. They need to re-institute Jordan Rules. Or set their tee times.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Un-freaking-believable.

How in God's name was he making some of those shots?
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
        Holy #$#, Tony Parker is destroying Utah, practically by himself. If he can continue to play like this, Detroit [or Cleveland] don't stand a snowball's chance in heck...
        Utah destroyed themselves last night, Parker only helped.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer
          Un-freaking-believable.

How in God's name was he making some of those shots?
          I guess that talk after Game 1 should disappear now right?

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Hail San Antonio.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Varejo is a flopping punk. Honestly, if it weren't for that, he might be my favorite player in the league, he hustles nonstop. But all the flopping... low class.

I can't see the Pistons coming back to win this one; all props to the Cavs, they earned this series.

Comment

• Pretty amazing. They totally pwned Detroit tonight, even with LeBron shooting poorly. Pistons lost their cool when the chips were down -- Rasheed got himself tossed after getting his 6th foul with about 8 minutes left.

They're only the 5rd team ever to come back from being down 2-0 to win the conference finals. First time ever in the finals for the Cleveland franchise, too.

Well done!

They will be big underdogs agaisnt the Spurs, and it doesn't look like they match up very well. But defense isn't pretty, and it never impresses the "experts." We shall see...
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Congrats Cavs

Spurs are NBA champions, just have to play out the four or five games (five if LeBron goes ape again) They're my "western conference" team, aka my "team when the Bulls are out of it" which used to be all the time... now it takes longer

The Spurs have so many defensive stoppers, though, Lebron will be easily handled I suspect. Their team is just too complete to lose to Cleveland, who doesn't have a good second option when LH is not playing up to par, as he hasn't these playoffs...
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I'd say LeBron is a good 2nd option. Who'd have thunk that a guy named Boobie would do the Pistons in? He led the Cavs with 31 pts; LeBron only had 20. Gibson really stepped up.

Too many Pistons had off nights during the series - this isn't a team where one guy is going to carry them. Partly it's due to the Cavs' D - they match up well against the Pistons. But also due to the Pistons overconfidence - they didn't play with enough urgency.

I don't think the Spurs will "easily handle" LeBron. He's so strong and explosive. Bowen is stronger than Prince, but not as long, and LeBron can shoot over anybody. But how are the Cavs going to handle the quickness of Parker and the game of Duncan? (Unless Crawford refs and calls fouls as Varejao flops, then T's up Duncan.) But Spurs will still win. LeBron will need more help than just Gibson.

The Pistons are only the 3rd team to give up a 2-0 lead and lose in the conf finals. The NY Knicks had the other two.

Joe D has his work cut out for him. I expect him to re-sign Billups. Along with Hamilton & Prince, he forms the core. Pistons need to rebuild up front. They need a solid, young post player who's more coachable and less volatile than Wallace.
                    Last edited by Lord Avalon; June 3, 2007, 07:09.
                    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Spurs in 4, only because they can't win in 3.

Comment

• Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer
                          Spurs in 4, only because they can't win in 3.
                          Didn't people think that last year... that the West would automatically win the championship.

I think the Spurs are going to be in for a good fight.
                          Cleveland does play great defense, and they have some scorers. While the Spurs will probably win, I think it will take them at least 6 games to do so. But I wouldn't be too surprised if Cleveland continued on their magic run.
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Cavs
                            Big Z
                            Big Z thinking about coming back to the national team
                            Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                            Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                            Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

• For me it's not "western conference all the way lol" ... I think the Spurs match up well with the Cavs (they can shut down the Cavs' main option, and the Cavs' defense isn't up to the Parker/Ginobili/Duncan trio (the Cavs haven't faced anyone with THREE players capable of 30 on any given night...), and then add in Bowen's offense and the whole team's defense ... it's not going to be pretty for Cleveland.

I think of this matchup about how most of the world thought of this years' superbowl: one team is the clearly better team, and while the Superbowl is just one game, the Cavs would have to win FOUR. I don't think they'll win two...
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Just want to point out for the record: The public is coronating the Spurs before this series even began. Didn't they do this not two months ago with the Mavericks against Golden State? Are peoples' memories that short?

I look at that recent history, and then I look at how Cleveland fared against San Antonio in the regular season, and then I look at how well Cleveland is capable of 1) getting into a dink-and-dunk defensive struggle with the Spurs, and 2) exploiting San Antonio's weakness in defending the mid-range jumper, and I look at LeBron following in the tradition of guys like Magic, and Bird, and Kobe, and I note the karmic debt San Antonio owes for the way they won the Phoenix series, and I say to myself: Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Cleveland shocks the world in six.
                                CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                                Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                                Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                                Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Working...
                                X