This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    And, realistically, he is the only reason the Yankees are even in the race right now
    That might be overstating the case a bit, given the seasons that Jeter and Posada are having. Most (but not all) of the blame for the Yankees rests on the pitching staff.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer
      That might be overstating the case a bit, given the seasons that Jeter and Posada are having. Most (but not all) of the blame for the Yankees rests on the pitching staff.
      Please... Posada and Jeter are having very good years, but if A-Rod keeps this up, his 201 OPS+ is the 49th best season in baseball history.

If A-Rod even was hitting at his 2005 MVP season mark of 167 OPS+, the Yanks are at least 10 back in the WildCard, and that's being generous.

And besides, the Yankee pitching is middle of the pack in the AL. Their ERA and Runs Allowed per Game are better than the Tigers and Indians.

Realistically, the Yanks have been mostly unlucky. Their Pythagorean W-L is 42-30. They are 6 games worse than they should be looking at their RS and RA.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• You can it "unlucky," I call it "karmic payback."

Comment

• I wonder what you'll call it when the Yanks storm back to make a run at a playoff spot in the 2nd half of the season (when they'll actually have a record more in line with what their numbers suggest).
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Proof of the nonexistence of a just and loving God.

Comment

• Losing 2 of 3 from the Giants is not the way to go about "storming back."

I'm glad I was busy this weekend and didn't see the games (but for 1 inning of the last miserable loss).

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer
                You can it "unlucky," I call it "karmic payback."
                When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrian
                  Losing 2 of 3 from the Giants is not the way to go about "storming back."

I'm glad I was busy this weekend and didn't see the games (but for 1 inning of the last miserable loss).

-Arrian
                  I was fairly busy myself.

Sox taking two out of three from the Padres

MFY losing two out of the to the Giants.

Seats right behind the Sox dugout.

El Tiante throwing the first pitch Saturday night
                  Attached Files
                  When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• Papi and Dave Winfield
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Negro leagues tribute...

Manny and Don Newcombe
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Thanks for the great pics MtG...

The one of El Tiante is a classic... looks like he is still in the same playing shape
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Negro leagues players...

Walter McCoy
                          Bobo Henderson
                          Enrique Maroto
                          Armando Vazquez
                          Jim Robinson
                          Bob Motley (umpire)
                          Don Newcombe
                          Monte Irvin (in wheelchair, not visible)
                          Luis Tiant
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming
                            Thanks for the great pics MtG...

The one of El Tiante is a classic... looks like he is still in the same playing shape
                            Yeah - those custom Cuban cigars and the sausage shop help keep him in shape.

That was three great games. Enough Sox fans (and enough from New England) came in to show these laid back southern California types what real baseball fans are all about. Especially on Friday, the "Lets Go Red Sox" chants totally drowned out any noise the Padres fans made, and Papelbon got louder cheers and a bigger response than the Padres fans ever give Trevor Hoffman.

Gotta be real discouraging for a team when the visitors fans come out in that sort of force.

Set an attendance record for a three game series at Petco, and three of the top five single game attendance marks, including playoffs, since Petco opened in '04.

Comment

• Goddammed bullpen!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Onion

Prince Fielder Dies Of Inside-The-Park Home Run
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X