Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attention Brits. Your lives are about to change.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think I limited my comments about soccer to a specific country...
    Er, right.

Don't you have any nutters watching sport and getting all tribal over there? I gather spotters have fights on the roof of ovals at the IRL.

Surely those Nascar cowboys get a bit excited?

Comment

Don't you have any nutters watching sport and getting all tribal over there?

Not really. We're very civilized.
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Except for Raiders' fans.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

They still exist? I thought the second Art Shell era would've taken care of the remnants...
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
            Surely those Nascar cowboys get a bit excited?
            While NASCAR fans definitely care about their sport and rally behind their driver, I've never heard of the type of competitive fandom & hooliganism soccer seems to incite. Or even football & baseball.

Rednecks are peaceful creatures, leave them and their motor sports in peace.
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Has anyone who says we lack physical sports actually seen a game of Rugby League or these days Union.

Miinmum padding and big hits and no fighting with sticks
              Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
              Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
                Rednecks are peaceful creatures, leave them and their motor sports in peace.
                Yea, particularly that last bit is imperative.

Comment

So has no-one heard about spotters fighting in the IRL? Maybe I shouldn't be surprised, seeing as only about 500 people in the USA follow the series except for the race at the Brickyard, which almost everybody wants to go to.

Comment

Working...
                  X