Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attention Brits. Your lives are about to change.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention Brits. Your lives are about to change.

Forget about "football", the NHL is coming to your stupid dreary little island for two games next year.

If you attend you will swear off your stupid sports in favour of a manly sport.

Attend!
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

LOL!! Ice hockey couldn't draw flies to a corpse in this country Asher!!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
        LOL!! Ice hockey couldn't draw flies to a corpse in this country Asher!!
        The girly men of England probably think it's too physical.
        The stupid men of England probably think it's too fast.

(couldn't decide which to use)
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

The intelligent people think its too boring.

Comment

i don't think it is boring. and yes, i am intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by Frozzy
              The intelligent people think its too boring.
              And what would you know, then?

Comment

I doubt that any sport that needs music to tell you when its going to get exciting is aimed at the intelligensia........

Comment

What sport is that?

Comment

Poor hockey has to come groveling back to the crown to find some fans.

But you're right Asher. Hockey is too manly for Brits.

...and not manly enough for Americans. Which of course is why it is perfect for Canadians.
                    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

It's the manliest sport in the world.

Which US sport is manlier? Baseball? Basketball?

Football? Give me a break. Those guys are pussies. The only way football players are manly is that they look like your typical fat americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                        What sport is that?
                        It is hockey with the "dum.....dum......dum..dum" build up music isn't it? Or is that basketball? I thought there was powerplay music or somesuch?

Ozzy is right on one point, the NHL must be desperate to play two games over here. The game is a minority within a niche in the UK, its way behind Gridiron and Basketball in the American sport that the few Brits that follow American sports are intersted in.

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
                          It is hockey with the "dum.....dum......dum..dum" build up music isn't it? Or is that basketball? I thought there was powerplay music or somesuch?
                          Depends on the arena. There's frequently music though, you're right, though I'm not sure why this detracts?

If you think hockey is not exciting, I've no idea what you're on. Soccer/"football" is about a third of the speed as hockey with less happening. There's virtually no contact, the ball is huge and moves slowly, the players run slowly, etc.

The problem is you guys just have no good teams to root for.

And it's an expensive sport to play, which makes it elitist and not for you dirt poor Brits.

Ozzy is right on one point, the NHL must be desperate to play two games over here. The game is a minority within a niche in the UK, its way behind Gridiron and Basketball in the American sport that the few Brits that follow American sports are intersted in.
                          It's a struggling American team that's going over there, probably gonna have comparable attendance.

Comment

Asher,

You'll never get a rational explanation why Brits love football so much. As a child you're given a football as soon as you can kick one, you play in school, as soon as school finishes you're out on the park playing again until it goes dark and at weekends you are playing for your local team. Its ingrained in a way I don't think most Americans even begin to understand, most boys/ men have played competitively at some level, everyone has a team they support.

I hope the teams that come over are used to playing in front of two men and a Jack Russell...

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
                              Poor hockey has to come groveling back to the crown to find some fans.
                              so has the NFL.

Like it or not, Soccer/Football WILL eventually be the biggest sport in the USA.

The Beautiful Game.
                              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Working...
                              X