My point.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Rugby - Laissez la balle, Bleus!
Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
-
Catt's the captain? Really looks like a solution for one match. Although I don't think he'll play worse than Farrell...Clash of Civilization team member
(a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)
Comment
-
A bit quicker but no more effective." ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
"The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.
Comment
-
It's this sort of thing that makes it worth getting up in the morning.Brian Ashton believes England have been relegated to the "second division" of world rugby as they prepare for Sunday's Six Nations clash with France.
The England coach has made 11 changes as his side seek to recover from their heavy defeat by Ireland in Dublin.
"We need to start climbing the ladder again," said Ashton.
"I said to the players that we are now in the second division of world rugby and will be playing a division one side on Sunday."" ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
"The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.
Comment
-
The true question mark in this tournament is over France though I think you will find. Italy had a gameplan that fired blanks, Ireland simply failed to turn up for the first half and then they were pushed hard by a truly woeful Welsh side. And the Celts never give France the kind of intensity they save for England so they should have swatted Wales aside.
I suspect they will beat England - and go on to Slam. But we saw the truth of where France are in 'division one' against the ABs last autumn when they performed less well against the Black juggernaut than had the worst England side in (my) living memory.
The same question mark remains over France - consistency.
As for Ashton I am trying to keep an open mind but his motivational speaking skills would appear to suck. I think I may be only two games away from calling for his head. And Rob Andrew's who is the ultimate poacher turned gamekeeper and has been a huge disappointment.
It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt
Comment
-
Methinks France are always going to be what they are. Capable of anything, proving it only when the stars are in some mysterious alignment. Or when they feel like it. From my observation this year, Ireland - on song - would beat the best French has offered. As you say, pity they blew their chance.
I don't think B. Ashton has taken the RFU course in delusional bullsh*t of which A. Robinson was dux. The thing is, it doesn't work. I think he's probably trying another tack - challenge the pride. OTOH, you have to ask whether their best is going to be good enough anyway. This team, anyway. Get out your Acme Chemistry Set and start cloning M. Johnson, N. Back, and several others, circa 2002." ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
"The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.
Comment
-
You may be calling for the head of an English coach??!!Originally posted by Havak
As for Ashton I am trying to keep an open mind but his motivational speaking skills would appear to suck. I think I may be only two games away from calling for his head. And Rob Andrew's who is the ultimate poacher turned gamekeeper and has been a huge disappointment.
I guess there really is a first time for everything.
Is Wilco definitely out? I've hunted around a bit but all I could find was something last weekend about cramp?
Comment
-
Well you know me - I like to give people plenty of time to prove themselves. Five games seems about right.
Yes Jonny is definitely out. His club coach was the one saying they took him off due to cramp but the media generally reported that it looked like a hamstring problem as he left the field. The score was media 1 coach 0 on that one.
Flood has got talent but not much experience. Lets hope he adapts to the responsibility as well as Skrela has for France. The more exciting prospect is Geraghty on the bench - though starting him would have been a huge gamble as he has only had this week training with the team whilst Flood has been with them through the Six nations.It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt
Comment
-
And you've missed your chance to be Lord Havak." ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
"The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.
Comment
-
Well, yes. Dribbling chinless inbreds might have their place in the world but it's nowhere within the proverbial of anything important. The RFU aside.
Methinks, however, that when it all comes to fruition, it will probably finish up 80-20." ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
"The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.
Comment
-
I tend to agree. Mainly because retiring political Grandees from the Commons expect a peerage and a gravy train deal for life to sit in the other chamber in their dotage.
But 80-20 is an important step towards what will then be the inevitable final destination of 100% elected. It will just be a rear guard step by the old guard.
Just the Monarchy and the Aristrocacy to abolish after that.
Did you catch the immigration measures announced by our Home Secretary yesterday? Those souls who overstay their visas are to be sent a text message gently reminding them to leave. The mind boggles at what thought processes led to that little gem being taken seriously.
I see the ARU is getting tough with Tuquri? Quite right too.
It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt
Comment
-
So if your mobile is switched off, and you don't get the message, you're okay.
Lote is running out of options. The Cronulla Sharks have pulled out. Now it's only between rugby and one of the other L***** clubs. He will stay with rugby - ironically, for less than what he was first offered last year. It's been too ridiculous for words. And he's been playing like a hatful of busted a*seholes lately." ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
"The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.
Comment
-
Originally posted by Havak
Did you catch the immigration measures announced by our Home Secretary yesterday? Those souls who overstay their visas are to be sent a text message gently reminding them to leave. The mind boggles at what thought processes led to that little gem being taken seriously.
Politeness above all else eh?
What happens if they ignore the text message? Is a "jolly good talking to" the next step?
...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty
Comment
-
Well I don’t think we are politically aligned but I do share some of your concerns about the way Political Correctness has become all consuming.
Patrick Mercer must share those concerns today (Google the name if this piece of UK news has passed you by).
Finbar am I reading Tuquiri’s comments correctly – he wanted an extension until Wednesday and now seems to be childishly hinting that he will not give any decision on Monday ? "I would have liked Wednesday but if it has to happen Monday - they're the governing body - it has to happen Monday, with or without decision,"
Very mature?
It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt
Comment
Comment