This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    Brodeur, 8th shutout of the season against the damned Rangers .
    Yeah, Rangers have looked pathetic as of late.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Well, two awful periods and an almost-comeback. Then a terrible call with less than 2 minutes left puts us a man short, and it was over.

Gotta pick it up, boys.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Man the Flames truly sucked for about 50 minutes tonight. It was amazing to me it was only a 3-2 margin with 2 minutes to go.

It was a shame that a bullcrap call eliminated any chance for a wild finish but the Flames did not compete well enough to win.

Also, the Flames dressed 7 dmen tonight-- a move I did not understand
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Maybe he's trying to trade Jamie Lundmark for a superstar like Ales Hemsky.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
            The new jerseys aren't nearly as fugly as I feared...
            Attached Files

Comment

So Robbie Schremp is apparently a healthy scratch on the farm team. He's got 0 points in 2007 and is a minus 3.

Comment

Oh and I wanted to comment on Edmonton's win over Minny a couple nights back. I thought the Oilers played a reasonably smart road game and Rolosen was on his game. Oh here is my take of a nye/asher interchange on Rolosen that night

NYE: Rolosen was amazing . He made many many great stops and shopwed why he is a premier goalie.

Asher: Rolosen sucked. Did you see that goal? It was weak . Did you know that Rolosen had a .667 save percentage on weak shots from almost behind the net?

and they both would have been right!
                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Roloson is medicore. As he displayed in that game.

Comment

Phoenix loses as well. While there are a LOT of games left, it really really hurts them to drop such a game.

The overall impact of the last couple of nights was to bunch the NW slightly together again. Edmonoton and Colorado were starting to drop off but all the results other than the Vancouver win, tended to bunch the teams.

The big game on the Alberta horizon is the Calgary Edmonton one Saturday. personally, I can't wait

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                      Actually the only reason I can contemplate is to give Zuyzen some time so he is better trade bait, With Phaneuf,Hamrlik and Regehr all capable of playing 25+ minutes a game, goinf with 7 makes little sense.

If the goal was to prime Zuyzen as trade bait , it failed with his atrociious play. Or maybe they want Zuyzen in betetr game readiness as they plan to package a dman to get that playmaking centre they always wanted

Comment

Toronto will probably give us Pogge for Zyuzin + Lundmark. Did Sutter talk to them?

Comment

Vancouver wins again. They're almost starting to make a believer out of me.
                          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

HABS WIUN! i didnt se e the game, free wine took precendent. but TAKE THAT FLUBBER!
                            Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Now it's doubtful Iggy will come back before the end of the month.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
                                HABS WIUN! i didnt se e the game, free wine took precendent. but TAKE THAT FLUBBER!

Take that???

You do recall that I am first and foremost a Habs fan. I just don't happen to believe this particular team is that great. Good but not great.

Comment

Working...
                                X