X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Hockey - Running Out of Title Ideas

Continued from here:

Another beating for me. Looks like I'll hold on to the #1 spot though. Come back Spezza - we love you!
    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

not a good week for me. Guess thats what happens when you vs Kipper and your main goalie is out
    Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

My goalies tanked this week, but my skaters have more than made up for it.
      ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Since starting the season 3-7-2, the Flames are 21-8-2.

Rampage!
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

In light of Marc-Andre Bergeron's hilariously bad play this year...

From last year...
          Originally posted by notyoueither
          And Bergeron.

That kid is gonna kill ya in the future, if he hasn't already.

The greatest thing about watching the Oil this year is thinking we might actually keep these kids. If we do, they're gonna break some hearts.
          Other wisdom from the same thread on Morrison:

Morrison isn't complaining about being pulled after 2 goals on 3 shots.

He's young. He'll bounce back.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Re: Fantasy Hockey - Running Out of Title Ideas

Originally posted by Kontiki
            Another beating for me. Looks like I'll hold on to the #1 spot though.
            With a new #2 closing in on you, you can't have too many bad weeks

Here's too a few more bad weeks by you and a few more good weeks by me to get me back in the #1 position where I belong.

/me
            "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
              In light of Marc-Andre Bergeron's hilariously bad play this year...

From last year...
              And Bergeron.

That kid is gonna kill ya in the future, if he hasn't already.

The greatest thing about watching the Oil this year is thinking we might actually keep these kids. If we do, they're gonna break some hearts.
              Yeah, I suppose 9th in goals, 7th in points, 11th in +/- (2nd among the Dmen, your holy stat) on the team is really horrible for a third year dman.

And I still think the Oilers have a good group of young players. Since I wrote that they've added Lupul and Smid as well. In fact, the future's so bright I'm looking to buy shares in sun-glasses manufacturers.

[QUOTE]
              Other wisdom from the same thread on Morrison:
              Morrison isn't complaining about being pulled after 2 goals on 3 shots.

He's young. He'll bounce back.
              And?
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

He bounced back fo' sho.

And M-A Bergeron has been terrible except on the Powerplay.

11th on the team, with a minus +/-...yes, he'll be killing the Flames soon.

Did you see his brutal play last game at all? A dandy giveaway, too.

Since I wrote that they've added Lupul and Smid as well. In fact, the future's so bright I'm looking to buy shares in sun-glasses manufacturers.

At what point will people in Edmonton get their rude awakening?

Lupul and Smid have been brutal this year. Bergeron's been awful as well.

Watching the Sportsnet broadcasts are surreal. They gush about players like Lupul, Smid, Bergeron, and Hemsky who are all medicore at best, and this season have ranged from spectacularly poor to middle-of-the-road-Euro-player. Look at Bergeron's age. He's no longer a kid or a rookie anymore and he's still a 3rd pairing d-man on a team with awful defensive depth. Lupul is a team-worst +/-. Smid is just invisible when he's not giving the puck away.

The future is bright indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                  He bounced back fo' sho.

And M-A Bergeron has been terrible except on the Powerplay.

11th on the team, with a minus +/-...yes, he'll be killing the Flames soon.

Did you see his brutal play last game at all? A dandy giveaway, too.

Since I wrote that they've added Lupul and Smid as well. In fact, the future's so bright I'm looking to buy shares in sun-glasses manufacturers.

At what point will people in Edmonton get their rude awakening?

Lupul and Smid have been brutal this year. Bergeron's been awful as well.

Watching the Sportsnet broadcasts are surreal. They gush about players like Lupul, Smid, Bergeron, and Hemsky who are all medicore at best, and this season have ranged from spectacularly poor to middle-of-the-road-Euro-player. Look at Bergeron's age. He's no longer a kid or a rookie anymore and he's still a 3rd pairing d-man on a team with awful defensive depth. Lupul is a team-worst +/-. Smid is just invisible when he's not giving the puck away.

The future is bright indeed.
                  I'm sort of curious where this hard-on for Marc-Andre is coming from all of a sudden.

As for the rest of the blather, everyone is entitled to make an ass of themselves. Carry on, sir.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Mostly from reading lots of Oilers fans crying about how brutal he's been all season. Then I remembered your comment.

Comment

There are Oilers fans who've been on him since the Roli incident in the SCF last year, and a lot fewer from before that.

There are others who like him. I'm one of those. I like his skating. I like his shot. I like his play for the most part. I think he still needs to improve to live up to his potential, but he's certainly worth some patience.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

Lupul's a reallll nice skater as well.

Comment

Also,

In fact, the future's so bright I'm looking to buy shares in sun-glasses manufacturers.

Are you sure that's not to shield your eyes from the glare of the goal light behind Rollie?

Comment

Yes, I'm quite sure.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

There must be some kind of mistake!

Ales Hemsky is not in the NHL YoungStars or AllStar team. Huh.

Comment

Working...
                              X