Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm waiting to hear about a broadcasting type job offer.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Why would he want to? I'd guess he just goes home to his family and then in a few years decides to come back, if he feels like it again, and if he doesn't... he just retires and spends his $20 million from the cowboys quietly

I'm really pissed though that it's taking away from the talk about the BEARS victory on the TV
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• You really think that people are talking about the Bears victory rather than Colts/Pats game anyway?
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I expect that from the eastern seaboard programming network.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
            I'm really pissed though that it's taking away from the talk about the BEARS victory on the TV
            Pffft. With two weeks till the Super Bowl, there will be plenty of time (and more) to talk about the Bears.
            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
            One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Re: Parcells
              Wow. I was reading last night that they might do a 2 or 3 year extension.
              Wow.

He was working for ESPN when Jones hired him BTW.

Fun fact: Parcells has never been fired from an NFL head coaching gig.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by rah
                I expect that from the eastern seaboard programming network.
                I'd expect it from a Midwestern Programming Network as well if they knew what they were doing .
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Comment

• The Colts' win was FAR bigger news than the Bears. That game was everyone's lead story, and deservedly so. It was a much more competitive and evenly matched game, between the last two teams standing in the dominant conference.

The Bears are, after all, who we thought they were.
                    The feel-good Saints failed. How is that news?
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Yes the local news did spend considerable time on the Colts win, but the Bears were the lead story. I wonder why.

I'm just wondering what espn will do now, now that none of their prefered teams are in. Maybe they'll just cut back on coverage thinking it's all really non-news
                      I just breaks my heart.

GO BEARS
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• This bias against ESPN is incredibly funny. You'd think ESPN goes around spitting at people .

I've heard West Coast people complain about ESPN's "East Coast Bias". I've heard about people complain about ESPN's "West Coast Bias" when they were 'fawning over USC' (so it was said). I've heard they were biased towards Brett Farve and the heartland.

It seems to the be favorite rallying cry when there is nothing substantive to complain about .

Oh, and ESPN will probably have a field day with this, especially since it is Manning's oppertunity to get the "can't win the big one" charges against him off his back. And two black head coaches in the SuperBowl. Lots of fun there.

Comment

• Originally posted by rah
                          I'm just wondering what espn will do now, now that none of their prefered teams are in.
                          Huh? Did they overturn the Colts win today or something?
                          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                            This bias against ESPN is incredibly funny. You'd think ESPN goes around spitting at people .

I've heard West Coast people complain about ESPN's "East Coast Bias". I've heard about people complain about ESPN's "West Coast Bias" when they were 'fawning over USC' (so it was said). I've heard they were biased towards Brett Farve and the heartland.

It seems to the be favorite rallying cry when there is nothing substantive to complain about.
                            The government has have been training the American people to accuse the media of bias going back to the Nixon administration. Liberal bias, East Coast bias, FoxNews bias, you name it. As a country, we have taken to it like ducks to water. It displaces blame and creates a common enemy apart from the actual issues of the day. It's now part of our national heritage.

That doesn't mean there's no bias in the media. It just means there will always be people complaining about it, whether real or imagined.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar
                              Sorry, Sava, what were you saying? I can't hear you over the deafening sound of your Bears homerism.
                              Homerism?

Nah... most Bears fans don't like Rex. I know exactly what he is without my love of the team clouding my judgment. He's a young QB with a strong arm who also needs to develop composure in the pocket.

Anyone who has watched all the Bears games this season would know this.

You have an opinion, and that's fine.

Rex Grossman has a better passer rating in his first full year in the NFL than Peyton Manning did. Grossman also faced teams who were game-planning him a lot tougher than Peyton did his first year in the NFL. It's kind of a silly comparison because they are two completely different kinds of QB's with different kinds of teams, but I don't think anyone thought Peyton Manning was a crappy QB based upon his performance his first full year.

Grossman is no Manning. He doesn't have a chance to be anywhere as good as Peyton. Both their careers took different tracks. Rex has been hurt and didn't get a chance to play his first full year until he was 26... year 4.

But to say Grossman is crappy is not just wrong, it's stupid. It's something a football ****** would say. I thought you were smarter than that. But maybe you just haven't watched many Bears games this year... I don't know. Maybe you are trolling and I've just taken a massive bite. If that's the case, you win.

But I suspect you are being serious.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Oh, and ESPN will probably have a field day with this, especially since it is Manning's oppertunity to get the "can't win the big one" charges against him off his back. And two black head coaches in the SuperBowl. Lots of fun there.
                                Yup.

ESPN is going to be totally pro-Colts. Manning has to win the big one, etc.
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X