• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• A question for the Amazing Coach Of The Year Sean Payton:
        What made you think it would be smart to come into Chicago in January with a game plan based on passing?

New Orleans stats:
        12 runs
        49 passes

There is absolutely no excuse for playing a game in winter weather and running the ball only ten times to your two main RBs.

Unbelievable. And thanks!
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I have a lot of issues with the way Payton runs the offense. I think he's done well with a pretty nontalented defense, though.
          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Colts.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Before making my pick, I really need time to analyze the situation and make a reasoned, researched selection based on the myriad factors that could affect the Super Bowl outcome.

OK, that's enough...
              Da BEARSSSS!!!!!
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord Avalon
                Wow, big RAC by Bush.
                Probably the play of the day in either game. Bush looked like his old USC self on that play. Man, is he fast or what?
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Fastest man on the field (at least when Hester's on the bench).
                  Nice rub-off pick to get him open.
                  Great fake to turn it into an 88-yard play.

Comment

• Well, well...

Vick won't be charged in water bottle incident
                    Lab tests indicate substance was not illegal

By STEVE WYCHE
                    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
                    Published on: 01/22/07

Falcons star Michael Vick will not be charged with wrongdoing after tests indicated that a substance in a water bottle he tried to carry through Miami airport security last week was not illegal, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

Vick will be cleared by the Miami-Dade Police Department in an announcement that could come Monday, the person said. Attempts to reach Miami police for comment Sunday evening were unsuccessful.

Falcons spokesman Reggie Roberts said the team would not comment on the situation Sunday. Messages left with Vick's agent, Joel Segal, were not returned Sunday evening.

ESPN reported Sunday night on its Web site that Vick would be "exonerated" in the incident. The network cited anonymous NFL sources.

The "Aquafina" water bottle the quarterback tried to carry through security at Miami International Airport on Wednesday drew suspicion after TSA security officers found a hidden compartment that contained "a small amount of dark particulate and a pungent aroma closely associated with marijuana," according to a police report.

It was not clear Sunday night what the substance turned out to be.

Vick, who has been selected to three Pro Bowls and whose $130 million contract makes him football's highest-paid player, could be spared discipline from the NFL since there would be nothing linking him to anything illegal.

After a meeting Thursday that owner Arthur Blank, new head coach Bobby Petrino and general manager Rich McKay had with Vick, McKay had said internal discipline could be forthcoming.

By NFL rules, if a player is involved in an incident that draws suspicion of drugs, that player could be subject to being placed in the substance abuse program and random drug testing. League spokesman Greg Aiello said Friday that the NFL office was aware of the situation and was looking into it. He declined further comment.

The bottle police said Vick was carrying Wednesday could hold up to 20 ounces of liquid. Federal laws prohibit carrying liquids in containers of more than 3 ounces through security or onto airplanes.

Vick initially did not want to part with the bottle. After a conversation with a TSA agent at a security checkpoint, he eventually threw the bottle into a waste container. He was not arrested and caught his AirTran flight to Atlanta, where he arrived without incident and went on to meet with members of the Falcons' coaching staff.

After Vick passed through the security checkpoint, the security agent retrieved the bottle and showed it to her supervisor, who then turned the bottle over to Miami-Dade police, according to the police report.

On Friday, Miami police said analyzing the bottle was a low priority for a busy, big-city department and that the process could take weeks.

The recent episode cast Vick into a negative light after a string of incidents over the past two seasons that included him making an obscene gesture to fans at the Georgia Dome after a loss to the New Orleans Saints in November. The NFL fined him $10,000 and ordered him to donate another $10,000 to charity.

A popular yet often critizicized player, Vick is coming off a season in which he became the first NFL quarterback to rush for more than 1,000 yards in a season. He also threw a career-high 20 touchdown passes. However, the Falcons finished 7-9 and failed to make the playoffs for a second straight season. Coach Jim Mora was fired.

Though I wonder if the media people who were throwing him under the bus for this will apologize.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Yeah, when they analyzed the bottle more closely they found only money.
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• APOLYTON PLAYOFF PICK'EM!!!

8-2 Imran
                        8-2 Jaguar
                        7-3 -Jrabbit
                        7-3 mrmitchell
                        6-4 Slowwhand
                        6-4 Zopperoni
                        5-5 Darsnan
                        5-5 Donegeal
                        5-5 Jonny
                        4-6 Ben Kenobi
                        4-6 joncha
                        4-6 Ned
                        4-6 reismark
                        3-7 Ozzy
                        1-9 Dis
                        1-9 Drake
                        1-9 Sava
                        1-9 Sleepy
                        0-10 Ming

A few notes:

GO JAGUAR!
                        DON'T GO IMRAN!!!
                        -Jrabbit and mrmitchell still have a shot!
                        Dis: at 1-9, you go right ahead and keep cheering against the Bears!
                        Ming: as usual, another spectacular job!!!!

With one game left, there are still 4 people who have a shot at the title!

Go ahead and post your pick ahead of time if you want, or you can PM it to me. Remember to also submit your prediction for total points scored for the Super Bowl for the tie breaker.

Sloww, Zop, Darsnan, Jonny, Ben, joncha, Ned and reismark: seeing as all of you are either one ahead of me, tied or one below me, you guys can still PM me with your picks and total, but I won't look at them until after gametime (actually, as I will be at a party without a connection, I won't look at them until well after the game). You'll be able to keep track of if I cheat by the PM tracking feature. Good luck to all!

GO BEARS!!!!!!
                        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Though I wonder if the media people who were throwing him under the bus for this will apologize.
                          I hope they do no such thing. Sure they might have been wrong about what was in the bottle, the fact remains that good old Ron Mexico resisted Airport security. FYI, resisted in this case means that he refused to follow the lawful legal order of the security officers to turn over the bottle. I'm not sure what the laws are regarding Airport security, but that could very easily be considered obstruction.

He should have given up the bottle immediately and without question.
                          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• I'm certain this will shock everyone:

DA Bearssssss -- 53

Comment

• Crazy game. The Pats collapsed (their D was terrible - of course that had a lot to do with the Indy O).

Oh well. I was rooting for the Pats, being in CT after all, but 'grats to the Colts.

Go Bears! I think Indy will win, though.

-Arrian
                              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Parcells "retiring" from Dallas

Parcells retiring after four seasons in Dallas

NFL.com wire reports

IRVING, Texas (Jan. 22, 2007) -- Bill Parcells retired from coaching Monday, leaving the Dallas Cowboys after four seasons and ending a stellar career that featured three Super Bowl appearances and two championships.

The announcement came 15 days after the Cowboys' season ended with a heartbreaking playoff loss in Seattle. He'd been at his office nearly every day since, and there were other indications that the 65-year-old coach was returning for a fifth year in Dallas and 20th as an NFL head coach.

"I am in good health and feel lucky to have been able to coach in the NFL for an extended period of time," he said in a statement. "I leave the game and the NFL with nothing but good feelings and gratitude to all the players, coaches and other people that have assisted me in that regard."
                                Link

D

Comment

Working...
                                X