Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's primarily the training. That just wasn't done back in the day.

Wait, did Imran and Sava just agree on something???
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Why don't you go and kiss Sloww's butt a little more .
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Who, that arch-conservative, xenophobic trailer trash Cowboys fan?
        Yeah, sure, why not...
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• arch-conservative, xenophobic trailer trash Cowboys fan?

Isn't that a bit redundant? All you had to say was "Cowboys fan" .
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Hey, I'm trying to kiss butt here. To Sloww, those are all compliments.

Comment

• Xenophobic? Only if you mean things outside Texas.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011

Comment

• First-ever 'double doubleheader' in Week 17

(Dec. 28, 2006) -- With a record 20 teams remaining in the Super Bowl race, fans will be able to follow more of the action on Sunday, Dec. 31, as the first-ever NFL television "double doubleheader" airs on CBS and FOX.

Every television market other than those with a home game will receive a 1 p.m. ET game on CBS and FOX and a 4:15 p.m. ET game on each network. This is the first time fans in those markets will receive four Sunday afternoon games.

"With tight playoff races and so much interest in so many games, a Week 17 double doubleheader offers fans more football as they look ahead to the playoffs," said NFL senior vice president of broadcasting Howard Katz.

All NFL markets where there is a home game will receive three games -- the local team's home game at 1 p.m. ET or 4:15 p.m. ET and two games at the time that the home team is not playing.

For example, New York, where the Jets host Oakland at 1 p.m. ET, will see the Jets game at 1 on CBS and two games at 4:15 p.m. ET. Chicago, however, with the Bears playing at home against Green Bay in primetime will receive two 1 p.m. games and two 4:15 p.m. contests for a total of five games on Sunday.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• It's great to see that many teams are still in the hunt for a post-season spot. On the other hand, it's sore to see that some of these teams actually suck donkeyballs.

The most hilarious playoff scenario must be Green Bay's. From NFL.com:

Green Bay can clinch playoff berth with:

1) GB win + NYG win + GB clinches strength of victory tiebreaker over NYG**, OR
                    2) GB win + NYG loss or tie + STL loss or tie, OR
                    3) GB win + NYG loss or tie + CAR win, OR
                    4) GB win + NYG loss or tie + ATL win, OR
                    5) GB tie + NYG loss + STL loss + ATL loss or tie + CAR loss or tie

**Packers clinch strength of victory tiebreaker over NY Giants if all of the following occur:
                    ARI win, DET win, MIA win, MIN win, SF win, CAR loss, HOU loss, TB loss.

If Green Bay and NY Giants end up tied in strength of victory, then tie will be decided by best strength of schedule.

Comment

• go Packers!

Comment

• only because it could mean a possible weaker playoff opponent for the Bears
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• I find the campaigning of Merriman for defensive player of the year by the likes of P.King and Kiper to be befuddling.

All I've heard or read from them is that the 4 game suspension is penalty enough, based on the league rulesof the award.

What about the fact that he was roiding up during the first half of the season when he accumulated a good portion of his stats? (Yes, I know that some of his stats have been better post-suspension)

Kiper on M&&M went quite far in his defense, talking about how guys that play football should do whatever it takes to play, that he just cared about numbers and what he saw while watching the game.

Am I way off base here? I just find the use of performance enhancers to be indefensible. It probably skews me that I have watched more baseball over my life than football, and roiders get crucified in baseball. You'd have to wait until next season to get the award.(Giambi)

Comment

• I know this sidesteps the issue but...

Merriman missed 1/4 of the season. That basically disqualifies him in my mind.
                            How many baseball players have won the MVP playing 120 games?

Comment

• Well, that's kind of silly, just basing it on games played. I mean the fact that he has 16 sacks in 11 games is incredible. To take the baseball example, it'd be like a guy playing 120 games, but having 55 homers and leading the league. I think he'd easily win the MVP.

Oh, and I've always never cared about steroids in baseball and I don't in football. I don't really care if Merriman gets defensive player of the year. Though I agree with asleep's point that people who have been on steroids or suspected of taking steroids get raked over the coals, while Merriman has gotten nothing close to that from the media. Perhaps the NFL's seemingly sterling reputation on steroid testing comes from a media bias. Who knows?

Comment

• I care greatly about steroid use.
                                It kills the user. It's unfair to people with good sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X