This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not on your life.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Man, the OSU tackles couldn't block squat tonight. Pwned. Totally.

Urban Meyer deserves huge props as a game planner. You don't need to seek respect after you've flogged it out of the #1 team.
      A national championship is its own reward.

Congrats to Florida, current holders of both the NCAA football and basketball chamionships.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Ah, the stubbornness of DanS. Even facts can't sway him .
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Arkansas: Moral Victory National Champions

"I'm proud of our boys, they played with a lot of heart today, but they just couldn't pull it off."
          meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

• I was surprised at how poorly OSU's game plan worked, what with Troy Smith only having 35 yards passing. Makes Brady Quinn's (and the whole ND offense's) numbers against LSU look stellar.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Notre Dame with a new Defensive Coordinator, apparently. Nothing on the news wires about who it is yet.

Edit: Charlie Strong, Florida's DC?
              Last edited by DanS; January 9, 2007, 18:08.

Comment

• The only thing I am really surprised about is that OSU remained number two in the polls. I think both LSU and USC proved they were better by dominating "common" opponents of OSU in bowl games. Clearly the Big Ten was way overrated this year.
                http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned
                  The only thing I am really surprised about is that OSU remained number two in the polls. I think both LSU and USC proved they were better by dominating "common" opponents of OSU in bowl games. Clearly the Big Ten was way overrated this year*.
                  * With the exception of Wisconsin.

Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                  1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Wisconsin's just as overrated as the rest of the Big Ten. They were just lucky enough to get matched up with an SEC team that wasn't Florida or LSU in their bowl game, as was Penn State. If it wasn't for SEC football, the Big Ten would've went 0-7 in the bowls...
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Which conference fared the best? Won - Lost in Bowl games? Did I miss the final analysis?
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Big East was the best. I'm pretty sure the Big Ten was the worst, but I'm too lazy to tally all the conference W-L records myself. Maybe the Sun Belt did worse...
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Sloww, Big East went 5-0 and easily had the best record of any conference.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Big East # 5 5-0 1.000 Winners: Louisville, Rutgers, South Florida, West Virginia, Cincinnati
                            Losers: none

MWC 4 3-1 .750 Winners: BYU, TCU, Utah
                            Loser: New Mexico

WAC 4 3-1 .750 Winners: Boise State, Hawaiʻi, San Jose State
                            Loser: Nevada

SEC 9 6-3 .667 Winners: Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, South Carolina
                            Losers: Alabama, Arkansas, Tennessee

ACC 8 4-4 .500 Winners: Boston College, Florida State, Maryland, Miami
                            Losers: Clemson, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest

Pac-10 6 3-3 .500 Winners: California, Oregon State, Southern California
                            Losers: Arizona State, Oregon, UCLA

Sun Belt ‚ 2 1-1 .500 Winner: Troy
                            Loser: Middle Tennessee

Big 12 8 3-5 .375 Winners: Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas Tech
                            Losers: Kansas State, Missouri, Texas A&M, Nebraska, Oklahoma

Big Ten 7 2-5 .286 Winners: Penn State, Wisconsin
                            Losers: Iowa, Minnesota, Purdue, Michigan, Ohio State

MAC 4 1-3 .250 Winner: Central Michigan
                            Losers: Northern Illinois, Ohio, Western Michigan

C-USA 5 1-4 .200 Winner: Southern Miss
                            Losers: East Carolina, Houston, Rice, Tulsa

Independent 2 0-2 .000 Winner:
                            Losers: Navy, Notre Dame

So the Major conferences are: Big East, MWC, WAC and SEC.

Big 10, Pac-10 and Big 12 are all mid-majors!

Maybe that is how they should decide BCS conferences, records in Bowl games from the Previous year.

ACK!
                            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• BUT, Big 12 had 8 bowl games.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
                                BUT, Big 12 had 8 bowl games.
                                And it took the MWC and WAC 4 games to win as many as the Big 12 did.

ACK!
                                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                                X