Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claiming half the country as the territory of one college conference is far more absurd.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
      Claiming half the country as the territory of one college conference is far more absurd.
      Um... why? How is claiming a quarter of the country as territory for one college conference that much better? The name of the conference is the Big East. It has Eastern schools. East meaning... well, the Eastern half of the freaking country!

How exactly do you reconcile that viewpoint with the WAC, btw, which has teams in Idaho, Hawaii, Louisiana, and Utah among others? Of course that requires calling Louisiana "West", which is a bit of stretch, but is barely on the other side of the Mighty Mississip, so whatever.

In addition, the Mountain West goes from West Texas to California (and as far North as Wyoming).

I don't think that the square footage encompassed by the Big East conference (Cincy and Louisville to the West to Connecticut to the East, Syracuse to the North to South Florida in the South) is that much more (probably is less) than the square footage encompassed by the ACC, for one, especially considering how most of the Big East schools are concentrated next to each other in the Mid-Atlantic, with only a few outliers in Syracuse, Louisville-Cincy, and Tampa.
      Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; January 3, 2007, 01:30.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Most of Mountain West schools are in the mountains at least.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski
          Most of Mountain West schools are in the mountains at least.
          And all of the Big East schools are in the East .

Though the land area from San Diego (San Diego State) to West Texas (TCU) and from Las Vegas (UNLV) up to Wyoming (Wyoming) covers quite a bit of land area, you have to admit.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

And all of the Big East schools are in the East .

Though the land area from San Diego (San Diego State) to West Texas (TCU) and from Las Vegas (UNLV) up to Wyoming (Wyoming) covers quite a bit of land area, you have to admit.
            But it is filled with a lot of emptiness.

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski
              But it is filled with a lot of emptiness.
              That's not my fault .

Comment

• Alabama has found its man... Nick Saban, back to the college ranks.

Comment

• I've been something of an Alabama fan since I was a kid, but am less of one now since they stole Saban from Miami, which is my favorite pro football team.
                  Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                  Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                  One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• ... who stole Saban from LSU .

Comment

• At least he was there 5 yrs, and had won a National Championship.
                      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                      One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• So? Doesn't change the fact. It's like a guy whining that he stole something first .

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                          ... who stole Saban from LSU .
                          ...who took Saban from Michigan State
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• How long do you think Saban stays at 'Bama? Three, four years?
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Maybe 4. He's getting paid a lot of money, so that helps. He seems to like college better, and I don't know of many schools that could pay what 'Bama is paying.

Comment

• What his salary? Am I hearing correctly that it's ~ $4 million per annum? If so, that's rather handsome.
                                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
                                X