X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ninot
    Habs tame the mighty Crosby

Syd actually looked pretty good out there for a while but when the Habs took over in the second it seemed like the Penguins never had the puck
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither

It's all a matter of where you put your 7 out of 42 millions dollars.
      yup

Its always a budgetary decision
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• I wondered why I wasn't finding this therad and then I saw there is a " sports " subforum. I guess its not a bad idea

Comment

• In other news-- (has anyone posted this yet?):

Isles trade D Alexei Zhitnik to Philly for D Freddy Meyer and a 3rd-rounder.

Hm... It's not often that a trade actually appears for stupid for both parties involved, but I think this fits the bill.

An aging but still-somewhat-effective Zhitnik should be shipped to a contender for the stretch-drive, not the ailing Flyers, who will now have his $3.5m contract on their budget for 2 more years as they try to 'rebuild' (bad start to that, by the way).

And what the Isles got in return is no great feat either: Freddy Meyer is not so much a hot prospect as a half-decent AHL veteran. And a 3rd rounder? Woo-hoo. I really bet Garth Snow's gonna use that one wisely.

This one was a head-scratcher, folks.
          "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
          "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
          "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber
            I wondered why I wasn't finding this therad and then I saw there is a " sports " subforum. I guess its not a bad idea
            Only possible problem is recruitment. We've picked up a lot of managers just by being seen.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Woo-hoo-hoooo!

Brodeur for the 2 points!

Take that, Psycho Pony!
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                It's still extremely close, it can go 6-0 for me tonight with ease.
                A fitting 3-3 final. Very close week...
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Managed to squeeze enough out of a thin Sunday schedule to retain (and widen) my lead.
                  "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                  "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                  "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• So I got two tickets today:

First I snagged a pair of tickets for Edmonton @ Calgary New Years Eve.

Then I managed to snag a $300 speeding ticket.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• That's an expensive day!
                      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• Flames tickets were only $80. The speeding ticket was brutal.

I'm pretty sure the OPP have a flag in their database for me, 'cause in september I filed a complaint against them about abuse of power.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                          Flames tickets were only $80. The speeding ticket was brutal.

I'm pretty sure the OPP have a flag in their database for me, 'cause in september I filed a complaint against them about abuse of power.
                          Funniest thing I have read today, I intend to add it to my sig

/me
                          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• We'll see if you think it's funny when some arrogant cops make up a BS excuse to pull you over, then go "oh by the way, we gotta take out the **** in your trunk and spread it out on the shoulder of the TransCanada highway to check for drugs..."

OPP

My trunk was totally filled very very carefully 'cause I was driving from Calgary out here with all of my belongings in the trunk. Took them an hour to search it and another hour to put it all back in there...

Comment

• They put it back into the trunk??

I would have expected them to give you a "have a nice day" and let you repack your trunk.

Back on topic, great week Kontiki. I had hopes at the start, but you had a strong finish to take the week and increase your lead.

/me
                              Last edited by Sparrowhawk; December 17, 2006, 23:46.
                              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• No, they didn't put it back. I did. They drove off with it on the side of the road.

Comment

Working...
                                X