Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeap. the goalie stats are not going my way this week. On the bright side, Brodeur was sitting tonight.

It's not totally out of reach, just mostly.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
      Gee. Very quiet in Calgary tonight. I wonder why that is.
      Because I went to bed after the 1st period, as I have to hand-hold people from London early this morning at work.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Because the Flames aren't affected by critical injuries:

- Roman Hamrlik is out injured
        - Stephane Yelle is out injured
        - Rhett Warrener is out injured

That said, judging by the highlights from last night, it was not a bad outing. Luongo redeemed himself from the last time we played Vancouver, and played a damn fine game.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Biron traded! OMG!!!

MONTREAL (December 15, 2006) – The Montreal Canadiens announced today the acquisition of defenseman Mathieu Biron from the San Jose Sharks, in return for defenseman Patrick Traverse.
          Biron, 26, has played six full seasons in the National Hockey League with the New York Islanders (1999 to 2001), the Tampa Bay Lightning (2001-02), the Florida Panthers (2002-04) and the Washington Capitals (2005-06). In 253 career regular season games, the 6’6’’, 230-pound defenseman scored 12 goals and added 32 assists for a total of 44 points, with 177 penalty minutes.
          Mathieu Biron will report to the Hamilton Bulldogs today.

Comment

Gee. Very quiet in Calgary tonight. I wonder why that is.
            ON my end its just the simple fact that I am usually not checking the OT late at night
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
              Because the Flames aren't affected by critical injuries:

- Roman Hamrlik is out injured
              - Stephane Yelle is out injured
              - Rhett Warrener is out injured
              Yup- Once you get to the point of having two of your top four defencemen out.It tends to matter. Hamrlik in particular as he has OFTEN been the Flames #1 dman. But as long as Regehr and Phaneuf are healthy the Flames D should be ok

Originally posted by Asher

That said, judging by the highlights from last night, it was not a bad outing. Luongo redeemed himself from the last time we played Vancouver, and played a damn fine game.
              I didn't get to see it either but listended on the radio and saw highlights. Again it seemed like a decent enough road effort that just came up short.

I have never claimed the Flames were invincible. They will absolutely lose their share of games when the other team plays well. But I am heartened to see good efforts as opposed to say their lacklustre loss to the Kings a couple of weeks ago
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Just noticed that Phaneuf had 31 minutes, 46 seconds of icetime last night. He's a machine.

Comment

• Soybean field. Gays caused the crash.

Developer Freeman had small stake in Caps
                  Associated Press
                  Posted: 2 hours ago

DAGSBORO, Del. (AP) - A real estate developer with a small stake in the Washington Capitals and a pilot were killed when their helicopter crashed in a soybean field shortly after taking off in fog, authorities said.

Joshua Freeman, 42, was on his way from a holiday party at a golf club his company owned to another event in Washington when the 1998 Bell 407 helicopter went down Thursday night in the southern Delaware field, state police said.

It was not immediately clear whether the fog played a role in the crash about a quarter mile from where the chopper took off. Federal and state investigators were on the scene.

The helicopter was registered to Full Service LLC, of Washington. Authorities identified the pilot as Danielle Howell, 30, of Richmond, Va.

Freeman was president and chief executive officer of Carl M. Freeman Associates, a development company founded by his father. The younger Freeman owned a small share of the National Hockey League's Capitals through a company called Lincoln Holdings LLC.

"We are truly shocked and saddened by the sudden, tragic loss of Josh Freeman, a good friend and partner in Lincoln Holdings," Capitals majority owner Ted Leonsis said in a news release. "All of us associated with the Capitals organization will lend our thoughts and prayers to the Freeman family."

Lincoln Holdings owns the Capitals, the WNBA's Washington Mystics and about 44 percent of Washington Sports and Entertainment Limited Partnership, which in turn owns the NBA's Washington Wizards, the Verizon Center and the Baltimore-Washington Ticketmaster franchise, according to Lincoln Holdings' Web site.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Hemsky's back, but the PP still sucks.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• So, will Crosby keep averaging like, 4 points a game, for the rest of the season?
                      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• I hope so. Awesome to see.

Comment

Hemsky's back
                          0 points and -1. Impact player.

Comment

• That's what the rest of my statement said. You know, the part you cut off.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

• Yes, the PP sucking certainly factors into his -1...

Comment

• The 0 points sure as hell does.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X