Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush is definately a great weapon and the last few weeks have shown that Bush is starting to come into his own. He has shown himself to be extremely versatile and New Orleans is going to be even scarier now that Bush is beginning to take over games... but too little too late for the ROY.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Anderson of the Bears D is leading all rookies with 11 sacks.

Right now you have to ask which team did the best in the last draft. I would have to say the Bears and the Saints, who also are the best in the NFC right now.
      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Bears

Saints

Bears meeting Saints in NFC Championship (as the Saints are the likely playoff team I feel most comfortable facing)
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• The Saints had an incredible draft. They drafted Colston, who led the NFL in receiving for the first 11 games. They drafted Roman Harper, who was a good safety (although he's injured now). They drafted Jahri Evans, who's starting at guard. And then they drafted that other guy, from USC or something.
          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Just checked the stats. It has Anderson at 10 sacks, not 11. But the NFL leader has 12.5. Merriman. All we hear though is Merriman this, Merriman that. But for a rookie to do what Anderson has been doing, it is remarkable.

Both Hester and Anderson should be considered for rookie of the year.
            http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• All we hear though is Merriman this, Merriman that.

Considering that Merriman also lost 4 games this year, that's a damned impressive number.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• it's easy when you're on the juice
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Considering that Anderson is only a part-time player, his stats are remarkable as well.

Comment

• It only takes one play to get a sack. The Bears' defensive scheme of rotating guys actually works in his favor because he comes in when opposing offensive lines are tired. Since he's a speed rusher, he's able to run past tired offensive linemen... especially when he's matched up against the bigger, slower guys.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Well Bully, Sava. Are you suggesting that Merriman does not play against tired O-Lines as well? He plays a lot more than Anderson and has but two more sacks.

Comment

• I think Sava would point out (well aside from Merriman being on the juice... then again he is a football player ) that Merriman, being a full time player is tiring at a similar rate the O-Lines are.

Come on, Ned, you aren't saying that Anderson is just about as good as Merriman are you?

Comment

• He deserves a beating with a willow branch, same as Bonds.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• And, Imran, are you saying that Merriam never takes a down off to rest?

Comment

• I AM suggesting that Anderson is as good as if not better than Merriman.

Comment

• I was making no comparison between Merriman and Anderson. They are two different kinds of players playing two different positions on two different styles defenses on two teams that are constructed in entirely different ways.

Such a comparison would be pointless and stupid.

My only point was that Anderson's success has been due to how the Bears coaching staff has used him and the rest of the talent on the Bears defense. It would be a mistake to interpret my comments in any other way.
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X