Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I wanted to see November. The Bears don't play in a divison that's a test.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I can't wait to see the Bears choke in the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
        Why I wanted to see November. The Bears don't play in a divison that's a test.
        They had three road games in a row on the east coast, and won 2 out of 3 of them, lossing only to New England.

The Bears can only play the teams on the schedule... and only time will tell how good they really are.
        They have looked bad at times, but New Orleans and Dallas have looked even worse, and more of the times.
        They have a bye in the first round of the playoffs already, and will have no problems clinching homefield advantage. ESPN can keep picking their "flavor of the week", and then get laughed at when their latest team goes down in flames... like Dallas did against New Orleans
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Well, you can't win in the playoff unless you get to the playoff. At least the bears are guarenteed to make it to the second round. Not a lot of other teams that can say that at this point. So laugh all you want.

And I'm one of those that believe in "on any given Sunday" so just make the playoffs and you have a chance. And almost all the teams that make the playoff will at least be able to say they're decent.

How many wild card teams have won the WS in the last few years?
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I'm satisfied with how November came out for the Bears. I'm saying, that's what I wanted to see.
            I wanted to see them in a competitive situation. They did well.

Now get off my ****ing back!
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming

They had three road games in a row on the east coast, and won 2 out of 3 of them, lossing only to New England.
              Yeah, but in fairness half the teams that play New York and Buffalo this year are going to beat them... so really they've just shown they're a top 16 team, as opposed to a top 2 or 3. They really needed a W against the Patriots to show that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frozzy
                so really they've just shown they're a top 16 team, as opposed to a top 2 or 3. They really needed a W against the Patriots to show that.
                So... does that mean Miami is a top 2 or 3 team

They are tied for the best record in the NFL... I think that makes them better than just a top 16 team
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• nearly all those wins were against crappy teams.

Comment

• What about the 49ers?
                    Gore looking good. That 13 year old QB looking better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming

So... does that mean Miami is a top 2 or 3 team
                      Only if you count out their losses to bad teams

They are tied for the best record in the NFL... I think that makes them better than just a top 16 team
                      See, this is what strength of schedule is for

Comment

• What I want to know is:
                        How can Seattle lose to Arizona and be considered a top-10 team? These teams are arguably better:
                        NY Giants, Kansas City, Denver, (falling off quickly here) Atlanta...

As for the Bears, I could care less what the pundits, both here and in the national media, are saying this week. Three weeks ago, they had left the Bengals for dead, but this week Cinci is being compared to Pittsburgh last year. A month ago, they wanted Jamal Lewis benched and said McNair was over the hill -- now the Ravens are listed #2.

It's all about creating a story -- while covering up how wrong they were previously.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Ravens suck eggs like some old cur.

Comment

• More on new stadium.

"The entire Statue of Liberty and its base could fit in the 2.3 million square feet of the new Dallas Cowboys stadium with the roof closed. American Airlines Center could fit in the new stadium at field level.

• The stadium will be the world's largest column-free room.

• It also will be the largest domed structure in the world.

• The roof is supported by two 35-feet-deep and 15-feet-wide boxed arch trusses. Each truss spans 1,290 feet – nearly a quarter-mile – making the roof the longest clear-span structure in the world. The arches are more than twice the length of the Gateway Arch in St. Louis.

• Each end zone features a five-leaf clear glass retractable door measuring 120 feet high and 180 feet wide, making it the tallest movable glass wall in the world."

Comment

• Very Texas.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Dis
                                nearly all those wins were against crappy teams.
                                This isn't college football. It's not as if the Packers or Detroit or Buffalo is U of I or something.

This is the NFL. The league is so close in terms of talent. That's why teams like Miami and the Jets can beat New England, why Chicago can beat the Jets, lose to Miami, and why New England can beat the Bears in a close game.

You scout teams by watching the players. It's about what team executes their game plan, who stays healthy, and who has the most depth. Right now the Bears are banged up, but they have been executing. Earlier this year when they were dominating teams they were healthy and executing their game plan perfectly. If they can get some of their guys back and continue to execute, they will definitely win the NFC and make it to the Super Bowl.

Anyone who thinks a team isn't as good as advertised solely because of their schedule is a complete football moron. The Bears are a great team and they have an easy schedule. They had a tougher schedule last year and ended up 11-5 and were the number 2 seed. They are better on both sides of the ball this year (and on special teams) and all of a sudden they are a weak team?

Bull****.
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X