This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saints-Cowboys game moved to Sunday night
    The NFL moved the Dec. 10 game between the Saints and Cowboys to Sunday night as part of the flexible schedule negotiated in the current television contract.
    What a bad year for NFL players. Cowboys and others play Thanksgiving. They play Christmas. They play New Year's Eve.
    Last edited by SlowwHand; December 1, 2006, 00:19.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
      The Ravens won't make it past 1st round of playoffs, if they get there. File them under screwing up their next draft chances.
      New England is the only other AFC heavyweight with a good defense. The Chargers are brutal on D and already lost once to Baltimore this year. Indy and KC also struggle on D.

The Bengals are the team that will likely not make it out of the first round. A bad night for the Ravens and they lose a close game to a team that ran up 41 points to the Chargers?

I think you are overeacting a bit.

I won't make any concrete predictions, but I think Baltimore probably is up there with New England as having the best chance of coming out of the AFC.

I'd rank the AFC teams as such:

the top 2:

New England
      Baltimore

next 2:

Chargers
      Indy

then I think it's KC and Cincy with Denver being the odd team out... Jacksonville is too banged up and the Jets are a pipe dream.

Although Cincy might have the tougher schedule... they could be the odd team out. However, I suspect Denver might not make it in because of their inconsistency at the RB and QB positions.

It's a toss up.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• I think it's going to be Chargers vs. (and this is really a reverse of field for me since start of season) the Cowboys.

My prediction for Dallas. 11-5 at worst, with a good shot at 12-4. Changing to Romo has made a big difference, along with defense jelling, even more than they were.

They're 4th in Total Offense and also 4th in Total Defense.
        Last edited by SlowwHand; December 1, 2006, 01:47.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Well, well, well. A Fox Sports poll.

Get NFL news, scores, stats, standings & more for your favorite teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.

Comment

• Happy Sunday, gentlemen...

Bears start the game by fumbling away the kickoff at their own 30.
            Defense holds.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Looks like another turnover festival for the Bears this week.
              This is not playoff football...
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• After one quarter, Tomlinson already has 86 yeards and a TD.

Oh, and another INT for Grossman... That's three turnovers already (sigh).

Comment

• Tomlinson is out to make people say, "Jim who?".

Comment

• Another truy pathetic interpretation of roughing the passer by the ref.

The NFL must address this issue. It's just making for a lesser brand of football.

Comment

• Is that Berrian? I think he's triple-covered. You know what? Fuck it. I'm throwing it downfield. Yeah, I see Jones open on the flank. B...
                      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Is that Berrian? I think he's triple-covered. You know what? **** it. I'm throwing it downfield.

Yeah, I see Jones open on the flank. But **** that. Dumpoff passes are for ******s. I'm ****ing Sexy Rexy Grossman. I can get that ball in there. And, even if I can't, I bet I'll be able to pull it off the next go round. I like throwing the ball long. It makes my dick hard.

What's that? I should throw a quick slant? **** that. That's gay. Button hook? Gay. Flare out? Gay. Screen pass? Kevin Spacey gay. This is ****ing football. You can't just expect wins to come to you. You can't massage that ****. You gotta grab that game by the throat and rape the ever-loving **** out of it. You think a 5-yard out is gonna win you a game? You're a *****. This ain't John Shoop running this offense. Sexy Rexy's got the arm. The dragon. You gotta unleash the dragon.

Okay, I'm throwing it. Nice. Look how far it went. I look good. I bet I made that Pats cheerleader wet her panties with that throw. She ****ing wants me. I bet she likes it over a stair railing. I can hit that with 100% accuracy, my dear. Mmmmmm. I am delicious.

Oh ****. Looks like Samuel caught it. Again. Oh well. It still felt ****ing great to throw that ****. Tell me that wasn't one of the prettiest passes you ever saw. You know what? Not only am I gonna throw it long the next time we hit the field. I'm gonna throw it even longer. Harder. You see that kid in wheelchair sitting in the end zone bleachers? I'm gonna nail him right between the ****ing eyes with a Sexy Rexy fastball. Why? Because I can.

This is Rex Grossman we're talking about here. We're talking 210 lbs. of twisted steel and sex appeal. I'm not just a gunslinger. I'm a cumslinger. Throwing that ball long tells all the Rexettes that I am ****ing out there. On the edge. Where I gotta be. The ladies love the danger. The unpredictability. Oh, maybe I'll tease them with a pretty touch pass every now and again. But then I'm gonna go right back to pumping that ball out for all it's worth. It tells them I throw like I ****. That's how we do things in the sexy business.

Tell me you're not turned on right now. I am.

Comment

• Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011

Comment

• A 4th turnover by the Bears -- let a punt bounce off a blocker.
                            Unbelievable that they still lead 7-3. Devin Hester is a golden god.

Comment

• Vick has forced analysts to redefine their terminology.

M.Vick pass deep left to A.Crumpler for 16 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
                              Deep?

R. Grossman 3/9 for 22 yards and 2 interceptions.
                              They must really hate Greise in Chicago.

Comment

• They're winning. Stay the course.

Comment

Working...
                                X