Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yah, that's quite a cheap deal. Somehow I'm surpised Chelsea didn't get him if that is what he ended up going for .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

5 mil for Thuram is pretty cheap. I thought his performance at the world cup would have seriously risen his price.
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Theres only so much you can pay for a player that age esp. when you take his wages in consideration, he'll be on top dollar. 5 mill is a fair price IMO.

Comment

It's not like Juve is in a much of a position to negotiate...
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

ROME, July 25 (Reuters) - An appeals court confirmed on Tuesday that Juventus will play in Italy's second division Serie B next season but reduced the penalty points imposed on the soccer club for their involvement in a match-fixing scandal from -30 points to -17.

The court overturned a sports tribunal's decision to relegate Fiorentina and Lazio, allowing them stay in the top flight Serie A league next season but with penalty points. Fiorentina will start the new season with -19 points and Lazio with -11 points.

Initial reports suggest that AC Milan have been reinstated in the UEFA Champions League.

Damn . Not much of a penalty at all it seems.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              Initial reports suggest that AC Milan have been reinstated in the UEFA Champions League.
              If the EPL is anything to go by then the Italian FA has full say over who gets in and is not bound by the courts to put AC Milan in.
              LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Thedrin

If the EPL is anything to go by then the Italian FA has full say over who gets in and is not bound by the courts to put AC Milan in.
                Hm, lemme see...

Milan is owned by someone called Berlusconi who happens to own Italy and all that's in it, so my bet would be that Milan gets away with a "now, play nice young man..."
                Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                And notifying the next of kin
                Once again...

Comment

After the initial ruling AC Milan were kept out of the CL which (again, going by the EPL) was the Italian FAs decision. Nothing should have changed there, regardless of Berlusconi.
                  LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

ROME, July 25 (Reuters) - An appeals court confirmed on Tuesday that Juventus will play in Italy's second division Serie B next season but reduced the penalty points imposed on the soccer club for their involvement in a match-fixing scandal from -30 points to -17.

The court overturned a sports tribunal's decision to relegate Fiorentina and Lazio, allowing them stay in the top flight Serie A league next season but with penalty points. Fiorentina will start the new season with -19 points and Lazio with -11 points.

Damn . Not much of a penalty at all it seems.
                    that is such bull****.
                    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

It's Italy, what did you expect? I'm surprised Juve is still relegated. But I'm sure there's another higher court they can bribe appeal to to have that decsion undone as well.
                      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Good to see that good ol' traditions are being protected
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
                          One player I'd really like is Aaron Lennon, but he's only recently signed a new contract for Spurs, and probably won't be available for years, and if he ever does become available will probably be put on the market at £30m or something crazy that only Chelsea can afford.
                          But what on earth could you want with him when you already have Theo "OMFG THE NEW HENRY!!1" Walcott?
                          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                            It's Italy, what did you expect? I'm surprised Juve is still relegated. But I'm sure there's another higher court they can bribe appeal to to have that decsion undone as well.
                            QFT
                            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
                              But what on earth could you want with him when you already have Theo "OMFG THE NEW HENRY!!1" Walcott?
                              I expect Theo will be out on loan to somewhere like West Brom or Birmingham. Or Southampton.

Comment

Apparently UEFA can nip the Milan controversy in the bud by not allowing them... though the decision has been delayed to August 2nd:

In other news, it appears Ruud van Nistelrooy is going to Real Madrid for 15 million Euros:

So it seems that Madrid got two Galacticos this time around, Cannavaro and van Nistelrooy.

Comment

Working...
                                X