This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the Van Nistelrooy chase is getting going:

Bayern Munich is saying Ruud wants to go there.

And Turkey has a match fixing scandel of its own!!

European football could be facing a fresh match-fixing scandal after the Turkish Football Federation (TFF) opened an investigation into claims that Denizlispor offered to pay players to help them avoid relegation.

A report in Friday's Hurriyet newspaper claimed officials from Denizlispor offered to pay three Malatyaspor players to throw a crucial match against Gaziantepspor on the final day of the season.

Malatyaspor lost the game 1-0, suffering relegation as a result.

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by FP on the last thread
      The foul on Davids when he was through on goal was really funny. It wouldn't have been quite so amusing if he'd got injured, but thankfully it worked out OK.

Grimandi just reinforced his already heroic status in the eyes of my lot with that foul. If a Tott had scored in the first ever game at the Grove, it would have gone on your official honours list (along with the Norwich Hospital Cup, 1951).

As I said earlier, fair play to Davids for playing the part of pantomime villain so well.

Inclusivist 'world' footnote for posters not familiar with parochial English rivalries:

Last Saturday Arsenal FC played their first game at their new ground, a testamonial to the retiring great Dutch master Dennis Bergkamp, one of the finest players to grace the planet who spent a brilliant decade at Arsenal. The guests were Ajax, Dennis's former team in Holland, with guest appearances from various Dutch international stars of the past, including Edgar Davids, who now plays for Arsenal's local rivals Tottenham Hotspur. Davids was through on goal and a great historical disaster loomed as the Spurs player was about to score in the first ever game at Arsenal's new stadium, until Giles Grimandi, a Frenchman loved in his day by the crowd for his passion and commitment to the cause, fouled Davids to prevent him scoring. Ronald de Boer kindly sent the penalty over the bar.

Comment

Locutus, I have to agree with Duke here, and express my concern for your team that Bristol City contains players that you might aspire to.

Unlike Duke though, I don't know a damn thing about Wilkshire. I will, though be looking out for Twente on 'Eurogoals'.

Comment

What is "Eurogoals"?
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
            Terra Nullius and Colon™...

Chill or be chilled!
            I'd hope the footie threads are self-moderating....leave it to us Ming!!

Comment

Yeah, we'll call out the hooligans .

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                What is "Eurogoals"?
                It's a roundup of European Leagues shown on the Eurosport TV channel.

Comment

Poll: Best Bergkamp goal ever

1. Holland v Argentina
                  2. Arsenal v Newcastle

Comment

Def number 2, theres another one he's scored in the Premiership thats better than both of those though. He's scores in the left hand side goal (as the camera looks) with a deft flick.....I can't think of the game...

Comment

Nah no1, last minute in a WC knockout game beats anything you can do in a League game.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
                        Locutus, I have to agree with Duke here, and express my concern for your team that Bristol City contains players that you might aspire to.
                        Normally I'd agree and that's not where our players usually come from (as far as they aren't from our own football school or other Dutch teams they're usually from the top teams of Scandinavia, Belgium, Austria and Switzerland). But if Hiddink sees something in him and says he would be a good fit for Twente, no harm in giving him an internship for a few weeks and see how he does. Klaas-Jan Huntelaar is now recognised as the biggest talent in the Dutch league and the hero of Ajax (comparable to Rooney in England), but only a little over a season ago he was still playing at AGOVV, which is probably comparable to Conference level in England. Stranger things have happened in football...

Unlike Duke though, I don't know a damn thing about Wilkshire. I will, though be looking out for Twente on 'Eurogoals'.
                        Not sure you'll see much of us, we're a small team, but that's cool
                        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
                          Def number 2, theres another one he's scored in the Premiership thats better than both of those though. He's scores in the left hand side goal (as the camera looks) with a deft flick.....I can't think of the game...
                          Is it one of these? The one at 3:55 is a deft flick to the top left corner. The one at 2:30 ain't bad, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                            Klaas-Jan Huntelaar is now recognised as the biggest talent in the Dutch league and the hero of Ajax
                            He's also grabbed a piece of history as the first ever goalscorer at Ashburton Grove.

Comment

Cort, the 2:30 one was the one I was thinking of!! Class act!

Comment

Yeah, Argentina '98 is one of greatest goals ever scored in the history of the game. He scored most of his beauties for Arsenal, but nothing can beat that one.

The one is Cort Haus's vid at 2:30 is my personal favourite in the Premiership, I remember that one (though don't ask me against who it was). The Newcastle '02 one is a close second though.
                                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X